Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:45:42 PM EDT
What is used to secure the ACOG to the carry handle? all I have is the mount for a flat top.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
A screw and special washer.

-Mark.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they sell the washer and screw on any one of the vendors sites?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You sure yours didn't come with the carry handle screw? mine did and Trijicons website lists it as standard gear with all their ACOGS.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/savageman101/f7caa793.jpg

That is SWEET!  I've wanted to get one for my KISS Bushy for a long time, but without seeing that rig up close first, it's a hell of a big spend.  How much shift in the cheek weld is there from using the irons.  Can you still use NTCH with the eye relief?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/savageman101/f7caa793.jpg

That is SWEET!  I've wanted to get one for my KISS Bushy for a long time, but without seeing that rig up close first, it's a hell of a big spend.  How much shift in the cheek weld is there from using the irons.  Can you still use NTCH with the eye relief?

Thanks

No shift at all.If ya noticed,I drilled and tapped another mounting hole in the ACOG further forward moving the optic about 1/2 inch back.Absolutely perfect distance.I'm a machinist and have access to precission equipment,wouldn't have tried otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine didn't come with that screw. Wish it did.

I am basically having the same problem as the OP. The bottom of the new trijicon TA31's has two screws that attachs it to what trijicon calls the TA51 mount for use with a picatinny rail system I am assuming that is the way they are packaging them as mine was a standard order with no special instructions. My problem may not be as severe as the OP. I have the bushy XM15 with the "removable" carry handle. So if push comes to shove i can always pull the carry handle off and slap the Acog to the flat top. My problem is that if I do this I basically lose my BUIS(Back Up Iron Sights)-because the rear sight is part of the removable carry handle, additionally when i slap it on the flat top I can still see the fixed front sight through scope(it's blurry and annoying). I have seen little rails that can be screwed into top of the carry handle somewhere but now that im having this problem i can't seem to locate them. If anybody knows where to get them please help me out with some knowledge. also if someone has a picture of how they mounted the TA31 to a carry handle I would love to see it or hear how you mounted yours. Thanks in advance!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
I have seen little rails that can be screwed into top of the carry handle somewhere but now that im having this problem i can't seem to locate them. If anybody knows where to get them please help me out with some knowledge.

ARMS makes one (the #2)
http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=1

Fulton armory carries a couple of varieties
http://www.fulton-armory.com/

and a quick google search for "ar15 carry handle mount" returned dozens of them of various quality.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Rich-- I have seen that particular one made by ARMS in person and it is not compatible with the TA51 mount sent with the new trijicons. If you'll look closely at the rails you'll notice they use a non-standard spacing.
Also was having minor difficulty navigating fulton armory's website. Couldn't get the search function to work. Will check back in with them later and see if it works.
Hopefully they will have something that will work.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
Rich-- I have seen that particular one made by ARMS in person and it is not compatible with the TA51 mount sent with the new trijicons. If you'll look closely at the rails you'll notice they use a non-standard spacing.
Also was having minor difficulty navigating fulton armory's website. Couldn't get the search function to work. Will check back in with them later and see if it works.
Hopefully they will have something that will work.
Thanks

Ahh I see what your talking about, ARMS makes two versions of the #2, the one you mentioned and another "extended" version with what looks like standard a picatinny rail.    

ETA: Scroll down Fulton Armory's AR15 parts page, its long but there are a couple in there.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top