Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:50:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
C4i-  What flashlight mount is that?  I've seen them before, but I don't know who all makes them or how much they cost.  I'll be in the market for one just as soon as my new rifle comes in!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.gandrtactical.com/dd_files/dd_ofm.htm
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:10:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!  Not to snub you, but for information sake, who else makes offset mounts?  What do you think about the offset (canted) short rail mounts?  I'd then need to mount a set of rings on that mount, then attach that mount to the rail.  Perhaps it just adds more complication, and it wouldn't be QD, like the DD.

I really like that DD mount, but I want to make an educated decision before I buy.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks!  Not to snub you, but for information sake, who else makes offset mounts?  What do you think about the offset (canted) short rail mounts?  I'd then need to mount a set of rings on that mount, then attach that mount to the rail.  Perhaps it just adds more complication, and it wouldn't be QD, like the DD.

I really like that DD mount, but I want to make an educated decision before I buy.  Thanks!

The only other options beside the Daniel Defense & Viking Tactics mounts are the YHM offset adapters.  Here's a pic of G2 setup on a YHM 3 slot offset -

img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/AR20/M4.jpg

You don't have to use two rings, nor do you have to use a 3 slot, there's the single slot offset as well as 5 slot offset for the MU series systems -

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/315352/Angle_Mounts.jpg

A single slot offset and ring mount will be a bit less than the Viking mount.  Regardless of which you choose, all three (D.D., Viking & YHM) are worth the $$.

Hey!!!!! That weapon looks mighty familiar!!!!

Here are a few more close up pics.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
The main advantage of the DD mount is QD, right?  QD is not a critical issue since I'm not going to be switching the light from one rifle to another.  I guess it would be nice to pull it off while range-shooting, to avoid excess abuse to the lamp.  Still, I could get a QD ring instead of the QD mount.  Hmmmm...   I like tactical fun toys, but each purchase has to be justified financially as well.  

I think I'll probably go with the YHM single offset and a Leupy QD ring (I've already got the ring.)  Now to figure out which light to mount in it!  

Any reason to run something other than a Surefire G2?  And remember, LOOKS don't count!  

I'm getting my first railed forearm rifle, so I'll also be getting some rail covers for 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions (other than where the flashlight mount and Vert grip will go.   I'll probably go with Tango Down's Battlegrip and Vert grip (I like them, and they have storage), so is there any reason not to stay in the family and use their rail covers as well?

A Larue BUIS and Eotech 551 will top off the rifle, just in case anyone was curious!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#13]
i'll give you a guarrentee...  buy a KL3 head for $50 bux... then you have to worry about shock isolation or bulbs...

however your pretty much better nothing but throw with the 2nd gen. version.... which is great if you want range... i have yet to see one in person so to compare how well it sends ambient light/spill around a room... this is important to me...   so thats why i wait to get one for a tactical light...

it holds a VERY bright throw for a constant 3 hours and then has a very fast taper...  2860 lux held at the center of its output for a solid 3 hours is absolutely amazing...  thats better than the gladius... however... the gladius produces slightly more overall light than KL3 head...  its something your just going to have to play around with to see if you like it or not...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I was reading up on the Pentagon lights in another thread.  I like the L2 version, as I'm a big fan of LED technology.  How does the light output and run-time compare with the X2?  I want at least an hour of bright light, and at least 60 lumens.  I'll need a tail cap push button, because I plan on using my thumb to activate the light.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]

This is on a backup rifle.   I prefer the security of a real weapons light, so I have a 650/950 and a 962
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top