Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 1:59:06 PM EDT
I recently purchased an Acog TA-31 and Arms #19s.Does it only come with one mounting screw or am I missing the other one to mount to the Arms #19s?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It only comes with one screw.  Some people have contacted the manufacturer for another screw.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea Devl.The one screw seems like it would hold O.K. but it just doesnt seem right.Thanks Jm03
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You all know I love Trijicon, but man, they charge $15 for another screw... thats outrageous.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I just received my TA-31 today and got 0 screws. I did get a nice ground off allen wrench to tighten the non-existent SHCS's though. I do have access to a large assortment of SHCS, but none of them metric, which is what the ACOG seems to be tapped for. And I was all excited about mounting that thing tonight too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You all know I love Trijicon, but man, they charge $15 for another screw... thats outrageous.
View Quote

Come on now new-arguy,

You don't think Trijicon would really charge for something that should have been included in the first place?

As I posted earlier, when I received my #19S and there were no screws in the package, I called Trjicon and they sent out four screws and an allen wrench at N/C.

The $15 screw is the longer one that includes the bushing for the carry handle mount.

If you think $15 is bad for the screw/bushing, how about $21 for a carrying case! Ouch!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Trijicon only charges $15 for the special washer that mounts the ACOG to the carry handle. They sent me an extra screw at no charge.

However, if you don't want to mess with all that the screw is a 1/32 thread (the manual has exact specifics on length etc.) that you can pick up at a hardware store.

For the record, I ran mine with just the one screw mounting my TA11 to the #19S and never had any problems; but I eventually added a second screw "just in case". I imagine if the longer and heavier TA11 didn't stress it, then the TA31 would be fine with one screw.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got off the phone with Trijicon Customer Service.They are sending me a couple of screws at no extra charge.Thanks for the help Jm03
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Same advice, 10x32 threads 1/2" if I'm not mistaken. I forget the steel type, but it's heavy duty and .14 at a local hardware store. .07 if I get 50+.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad I was mistaken and all of you are getting screwed! [;)] I'll have to tell two of my friends who have ACOGs that came with only one screw. they need to be screwed too!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got off the phone with Trijicon customer service and was told the extra screw would cost $15.00.  She also said they no longer send out free screws.  [>(]

You would think they could afford to include 2 screws with a $1000.00 scope. [V]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
She also said they no longer send out free screws.
View Quote

Check out mark5pt56's post 10x32 1/2" 1/8" hex head screw. $0.14 at the local hardware store.

You would think they could afford to include 2 screws with a $1000.00 scope.
View Quote

Well, from my perspective, whoever sells the flattop mount should be including the extra mounting screw. Although I've never heard of a mount shifting with just one screw, so maybe not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I received (4) in the mail yesterday from Trijicon.They also sent along (4) sight in targets since mine[TA-31] didnt come with one.If you need an extra screw let me know.I will part with the other two if you pay shipping, and keep one extra.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to thank Jm03 for taking the time to send me one of his extra screws for the TA31. [hail2]

I feel much better now kowing my TA31 is held on with 2 screws instead of just 1. [jump]

Thanks Jm03
Bob C.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top