Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:01:01 AM EDT
I have a flat top M4 type Bushmaster with an EOTech 552 and ARMS #40 BUIS.  I want to mount a flashlight and possibly a vertical foregrip but I am not interested in a full rail system because of cost and because it seems to be overkill for what I need it to do.  So my question for all you knowledgeable folks out there is what system would you recommend for mounting these accessories and what flashlight would you use?  I would like a light that has a remote pressure switch.  Any info would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If cost is an issue, go with the FOBUS M33/M44 rail system or Busmaster's rail system.  The get yourself a Surefire M962.  Total cost around $400.

Or, go with the rails and get a Streamlight M6.  Total cost, around $400.

Maybe $450.

Okay maybe $500 but you'll be all set.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#2]
The easiest "add-a-rail", and VFG, is from [url=advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html]Advanced Armament[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]
M33 lower handguard only (use the standard CAR upper handguard).  You may need to trip the tabs for clean fit - but they work well.

Works fine for a foregrip and a light.

I didn't care for the Advance Armament rail - too many accessories WON'T work with it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
M33 lower handguard only (use the standard CAR upper handguard).  You may need to trip the tabs for clean fit - but they work well.

Works fine for a foregrip and a light.

I didn't care for the Advance Armament rail - too many accessories WON'T work with it.
View Quote

Really?  I have no problems with mine, although I havent attached much to it.

What won't attach?

I have this setup.

Didnt cost a lot, and keeps the handguards free.

[img]http://members.cox.net/ahaywood5785/pictures/MYAR-15.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top