Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:34:20 AM EDT
Have a Question regarding mounting an ACOG TA31F on my Rock River Entry Tactical.
What types of Rear Sights will Co-Witness? I'm assuming I can mount the ACOG directly with the Handle Off using the ACOG Flat Top Adapter, but any Rear Sights that will work?
Any HELP would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]

You cannot cowitness irons with your ACOG.  That only works with unmagnified optics like Aimpoints and Eotechs.  You can mount whatever rear BUIS you want (as long as it fits under the ACOG) but in order to use irons you will have ot remove the ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the quick replies. After considerable thought, I think I'll go with: GG&G A2 BUIS (Update later with Trijicon Tritium), and the GG&G Quick Detach ACOG Mount. (GEEZ! This Stuff sure isn't Cheap!)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The Trijicon rear aperture is a waste IMO.  Replace your front post with an XS tritium striped post. When you use your BUIS your eye will go right to the front post anyhow and tritium dots on the aperature will fuzz out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top