Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:20:14 PM EDT
I've been craving a laser on my AR but good ones are so expensive. I figured I would save a few hundred bucks and just roll my own. Problem is, building a laser with internal adjustment would be a pain in the ass. I figured I could just loctite everything in place so the laser stayed dead-on and adjust the mount around it.

Does anyone sell a mount like this? I think I've heard it mentioned before, but I'm not sure. A 1 inch wide ring mount would be best, as most cheap laser hosts are made from 1" flashlight bodies.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been craving a laser on my AR but good ones are so expensive. I figured I would save a few hundred bucks and just roll my own. Problem is, building a laser with internal adjustment would be a pain in the ass. I figured I could just loctite everything in place so the laser stayed dead-on and adjust the mount around it.

Does anyone sell a mount like this? I think I've heard it mentioned before, but I'm not sure. A 1 inch wide ring mount would be best, as most cheap laser hosts are made from 1" flashlight bodies.

Technically, you spell your name wrong.  It's w-a-n-k-e-r.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Redfield Mounts are windage adjustable.  Elevation can be adjusted with shim stock. mounting it to a AR would be fun but not impossible.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Technically, you spell your name wrong.  It's w-a-n-k-e-r.

"Thanks" for the help.

Quoted:
Redfield Mounts are windage adjustable.  Elevation can be adjusted with shim stock. mounting it to a AR would be fun but not impossible.

Thanks for the help, I'll check them out.

Why was the topic moved? This has more to do with a mount than a laser...
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A laser is for super fast target AQ in close quarters, its designed to let you hit "minute of chest" without having to line up sights, or throw away your peripheral vision by looking through a CQB optic.

Why you would want to do what you describe is beyond me, but good luck.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top