Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 6:06:25 PM EDT
Most bang for the buck

I’m looking for a good first AR15.  Would prefer a 20” flat top.  I’m also looking for that elusive balance of good and cheap.  And I know everyone has an opinion.  But please serous comments from folks with knowledge on the subject
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm new to AR's to but a lot of people seem to like bushmasters and/or rock river arms stuff. www.bushmaster.com or www.rockriverarms.com
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Will agree with the statement on rock river.  Factory flat tops can be had for around $700 to $725 from dealers on this board.  Additionally, RRA's A4 20" come with a two stage trigger and the wylde chamber.  Something to keep in mind when determining who's got the most bang for the buck.

Currently own two RRA's and love them both.  I personally thought they were the best value for the money.  Good luck in your decision, can't really go wrong with either a bushy or RRA.  

lithgow303
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I’m also looking for that elusive balance of good and cheap.  

I would go with a Rock River lower and a J&T kit. You can go with cheaper kits but J&T is widely regarded as being the best, or one of the best, of the cheaper AR companies. I suggest the RRA lower because I have had very good luck with them, however, there are so many companies out there that ppl. are using you will probably get 10-15 suggestions on a lower. If you need to stick with one thing though, that is a forged lower. Spend the extra few dollars and leave cast lowers alone...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top