Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2004 5:06:25 PM EST
Most bang for the buck

I’m looking for a good first AR15. Would prefer a 20” flat top. I’m also looking for that elusive balance of good and cheap. And I know everyone has an opinion. But please serous comments from folks with knowledge on the subject
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:07:16 PM EST
I'm new to AR's to but a lot of people seem to like bushmasters and/or rock river arms stuff. www.bushmaster.com or www.rockriverarms.com
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:17:54 PM EST
Will agree with the statement on rock river. Factory flat tops can be had for around $700 to $725 from dealers on this board. Additionally, RRA's A4 20" come with a two stage trigger and the wylde chamber. Something to keep in mind when determining who's got the most bang for the buck.

Currently own two RRA's and love them both. I personally thought they were the best value for the money. Good luck in your decision, can't really go wrong with either a bushy or RRA.

lithgow303
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:20:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By bkj:
I’m also looking for that elusive balance of good and cheap.

I would go with a Rock River lower and a J&T kit. You can go with cheaper kits but J&T is widely regarded as being the best, or one of the best, of the cheaper AR companies. I suggest the RRA lower because I have had very good luck with them, however, there are so many companies out there that ppl. are using you will probably get 10-15 suggestions on a lower. If you need to stick with one thing though, that is a forged lower. Spend the extra few dollars and leave cast lowers alone...
Top Top