Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 9:58:36 AM EDT
I recently had a problem with a bolt on my BM A2. Thanks to all of help from this board I was able to clear that up. Unfortunately last night I had my other BM at the range and am now having problems with that. The bolt doesn’t move after taking a shot. The spent casing has to be removed by pulling the charge handle. If effect it has become a bolt action. I had the Ace stock off last week and was thinking that I may have done something during dismantling. If any anyone has had similar problems or may know the cause I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Inspect your gas rings.  Do you use anything to clean your gas tube like a pipe cleaner?  Hope not.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Check gas rings to see if you have staggered correctly.  Definitely sounds like gas is linking by though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, sounds like you have a gas problem.    Sorry, had to do that.  If your bolt isn't moving then gas isn't getting to the gas key.  You may have an obstructed or broken gas tube.  You could also have a REALLY loose carrier key.  Also, you might have an obstructed gas port.  Just some other ideas.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The tube is clear. I just swapped out the bolt from my other BM and worked fine. It appears that the the new complete carrier may have some issues.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top