Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2003 2:04:32 PM EDT
Ran more mags of both Olympic 55gr and SS109 62gr through my HK 93 and FN FNC.

Not a hiccup!

Just ordered another 1,000 rds of 55 @ $132.97 (w/Sportsmans Guide membership).

Have yet to test my Bushmaster 20" or M-16; but will do so soon.

Has anybody else tried this ammo recently?

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
This is gonna be good. [peep]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've ran about a couple hundred rounds (SS109) through my Olympic M4gery. Haven't had any problems, so far. Though, it did seem to be a little under-powered. The accuracy was about 2"@100m/5-rds. Also, it didn't seem to be very dirty, not nearly as bad as PMC anyway.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard about all the bad reports about the Olympic ammo but I went thru 1000 rounds the M193 55 grain stuff and only had a couple rounds that the primer blew out on and thats it.  It cycled and shot ok thru my Bushmaster and RRA M4.  Don't know if I was just lucky or what but after all the bad reports I been reading, kind of hesitant on getting any more.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The SS109 stuff Olympic sells wouldn't function any of my rifles.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
1000 rounds of 55gr. No problems.  But, I want to keep getting this ammo cheap, so here goes.

This stuff is total crap, it blew up my rifle.  It blew up my cousin's, roommate's, brother's, girlfriend's gay hairdresser's rifle.  The powder is made from the rendered remains of endangered Asiatic Lions, smells like crap and gives women that no-so-fresh feeling.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top