Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2005 2:26:00 PM EST
I am looking to get/build/obtain a Colt 635 sub gun. I am a civilian and I am unable to get this configuration in full auto, however, I would Like to S.B.R. it and use the Gemtech Trinity Suppressor talon complete upper. So, this would be a semi-auto, SBR, integral suppressor rifle. Purchased in Arizona on two tax stamps and ATF approval. Can this be built ? (Cost) Can I get hi-cap mags for this? Thanks, I am very interested in this project… suggestions and comments welcome, thanks...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:27:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/16/2005 3:28:46 PM EST by _DR]
If you are the maker, file 2 form ones, one for a suppressor, the other for an SBR. Pay your $400 to the tax man.

Then wait.

wait some more.

Wait even more.

Then when you get the 2 form 1s back with the canceled tax stamp, you are ready to build to your hearts content.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:47:34 PM EST
I can place the upper on the lower, but that's about the extent of my gunsmithing ability. I really like the idea of using the Gemtem tech complete silienced upper and then mate it with the Colt lower. So, where do I get a Colt 9mm lower that will work for this project? and after I pay my 400bucks to uncle sam, then I will be able to purchase the upper complete? Thanks a heap..
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:23:32 PM EST
There's a couple of 9mm Colt lowers up on Gunbroker.com for sale right now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:58:38 PM EST
I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

You will need to complete a Form 1 (2 copies) for your lower to register it as a SBR. It would probably be best to do this at the same time that you get your Gemtech upper. Unless your are purchasing from an individual in the state, you will need to go through a Class III dealer to transfer the Gemtech Upper to you. He will complete a Form 4 (2 copies) for the transfer. He'll probably ask you to pay him up front for the Gemtech Upper. Then he has Gemtech transfrer the upper to his possession (as a dealer) and when your Form 4 is approved (90 days or more later), you take possession of the Gemtech Upper.

You are correct about the $400. $200 for the SBR and $200 for the silenced upper. Some have said that if you send in the Form 4's and Form 1's at the same time, you only need one set of fingerprint cards. Others say they send in 2 sets just in case.

One thing that I haven't figured out though is what to put for the barrel length and overall length on the Form 1. Gemtech's website list a 5" barrel for the Trinity Talon upper. One guess would be to list 5" for the barrel and overall length would be whatever it measured with the suppressor mounted on the upper on the 9mm lower. I was going to go with less than 16" for the barrel and less than 26" for overall length until some people reported getting Form 1's kicked back for that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:50:30 AM EST
I saw the need for these and since I had a parts set around I built one. Here's the link to the pic of it but you can see all the pics of it on my Web site @ JB ARMS in the NFA section. Howard

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:16:51 PM EST
Thanks, for the helpful information, also, is the Gemtech system only able to work with the colt lower or can I use a Bushy or RRA?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:31:23 PM EST
Ok, if you want to go with ASA instead of colt you can get a COMPLETE 9mm rife and complete Gemtech SBR upper WITH Gemtech silencer AND tax stamps included, for 2500 dollars..
Top Top