Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 6:28:46 AM EDT
MARK HENCKEL of Montanna Outdoors defends Zumbo here.

MARK HENCKEL wrote:

height=8
"As I wrote to an outdoor writer friend of mine as this was blowing up, "You know, that could have been me. I could have written much the same as Zumbo did. I wouldn't have worded it that way. I wouldn't have called for a ban on those guns. But I know exactly what Jim was getting at in what he wrote."

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2007/02/22/features/outdoors/30-mont-outdoors.txt
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
that's just it............they would throw us under the bus to save themselves, only to reap the same
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
That made his bed and now he has to sleep in it

fuck that guy
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I just dont get why they all feel this way
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Read the comments on that website from 'hunters'. More proof these Elmer Fudds are living in La-La Land.

height=8
Tony wrote on February 22, 2007 2:26 PM
Perhaps, if the NRA and others, who can not stand the thought of ANY guns being banned, would listen to the wisdom of Zumbo, and agree that , just maybe we could eliminate Military style semi auto weapons, in hunting situations. It might make a lot of anti-gun people happy to see that things are moving forward. and it might save us from REAL bans later down the road.

height=8
NRA Flexes it Muscle wrote on February 23, 2007 12:56 PM
As an avid hunter and a life-long resident of Montana, I agree with Zumbo's comments. I would like to know how otherwise sane sportmen seem to get behind this "conspiracy theory" that if the government takes away our assualt weapons we will lose the right to own guns? And as the idea that we need them for personal defense, name me one time any of you have had to use an assault weapon to protect yourself or your family? How many of you think it is ethically or in the spirit of fair chase to use assault weapons on animals? Its just crap being fed to us by gun manufacturers and a few wingnuts. Our hunting rights are already under attack on enough fronts (outfitting, land owners, and PETA), without throwing us in with the assualt weapon users. I left the NRA years ago over this issue and that of cop killing bullets. This is not, and never should be, a part of hunting in the American west!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#5]
cop-killing bullets? hell a soft nosed 30-30 will penetrate a vest the dumb _ sses!  and its the idiot that points the gun and pulls the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess we should advocate the banning of hunting, and see  how they like it. After all, there's no mention of it in the 2nd Amendment.

Yeah...we were real rough on him....
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Read the comments on that website from 'hunters'. More proof these Elmer Fudds are living in La-La Land.

Tony wrote on February 22, 2007 2:26 PM
Perhaps, if the NRA and others, who can not stand the thought of ANY guns being banned, would listen to the wisdom of Zumbo, and agree that , just maybe we could eliminate Military style semi auto weapons, in hunting situations. It might make a lot of anti-gun people happy to see that things are moving forward. and it might save us from REAL bans later down the road.

NRA Flexes it Muscle wrote on February 23, 2007 12:56 PM
As an avid hunter and a life-long resident of Montana, I agree with Zumbo's comments. I would like to know how otherwise sane sportmen seem to get behind this "conspiracy theory" that if the government takes away our assualt weapons we will lose the right to own guns? And as the idea that we need them for personal defense, name me one time any of you have had to use an assault weapon to protect yourself or your family? How many of you think it is ethically or in the spirit of fair chase to use assault weapons on animals? Its just crap being fed to us by gun manufacturers and a few wingnuts. Our hunting rights are already under attack on enough fronts (outfitting, land owners, and PETA), without throwing us in with the assualt weapon users. I left the NRA years ago over this issue and that of cop killing bullets. This is not, and never should be, a part of hunting in the American west!!

OH

MY

GOD
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#8]
It seems, as i've seen stated in many instances, that many people in the "hunting" scene are buying into the .gov's garbage about "assault weapons" and rapid spray-firing from the hip and "cop killer bullets" and all the rest, even though it should be obvious that it's all BS.  I mean, have they not realized that ANY high power rifle round, regardless of the firearm it comes from, can easily penetrate run-of-the-mill body armor?  Have they not realized that our evil black rifles fire the very SAME ammo that alot of their fancy "sporting guns" do?  Have they not realized that the very SAME characteristics that make a firearm suitable as a weapon of war also make that firearm "particularly suitable or readily adaptable for" sporting purposes? Have they not realized that the 2nd ammendment was intended to secure the right of the American people to keep weapons for personal and common defense (NOT hunting)?  Seems to me that alot of folks are far overdue for a history lesson.

hacko.gif
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I am struck by the immense irony that the "Elmer Fudds" who post those types of comments have killed far more living creatures in a hunting season with their bolt gun than most people here will kill in a lifetime with their EBR.

I am also struck by the irony that they very guns they are carrying are based off state-of-the-art miiltary technology from around the trun of the last century.  If we had gun grabbers back then fighting to ban arms there would have been folks 'Fudds' saying 'well, no one should hunt with one of the rapid fire bolt action repating arms, and they shoudl be banned!  The only REAL rifle for hunting is a muzzle loader."

I guess the difference is when you are on the tip of the spear and face the banning or confiscation of your legal property on a daily basis you are a bit more aware of the 'truth' of it all than if you have a few waves of folks in front of you before they take your property.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am struck by the immense irony that the "Elmer Fudds" who post those types of comments have killed far more living creatures in a hunting season with their bolt gun than most people here will kill in a lifetime with their EBR.

I am also struck by the irony that they very guns they are carrying are based off state-of-the-art miiltary technology from around the trun of the last century.  If we had gun grabbers back then fighting to ban arms there would have been folks 'Fudds' saying 'well, no one should hunt with one of the rapid fire bolt action repating arms, and they shoudl be banned!  The only REAL rifle for hunting is a muzzle loader."

I guess the difference is when you are on the tip of the spear and face the banning or confiscation of your legal property on a daily basis you are a bit more aware of the 'truth' of it all than if you have a few waves of folks in front of you before they take your property.

You got it.    
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
cop-killing bullets? hell a soft nosed 30-30 will penetrate a vest the dumb _ sses!  and its the idiot that points the gun and pulls the trigger.

I'd be willing to bet a .30-30 would penetrate a vest after punching thru the windshield or door of a Crown Vic.  The Fudd's beloved .30-06 is even worse, not to mention all the latest earsplittingloudenboomer magnums they seem to need to ambush/assasinate Bambi.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top