Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2004 1:28:45 PM EDT
Just got done assembling a Cav Arms tupperware lower/buttstock assembly. It seems to be a pretty nifty arrangement; although tuning the Accuracy Speaks FCG to satisfaction took a little more persistence and care than one typically encounters with an aluminum lower. Fortunately, that's a one time effort so no biggie.

The problem for me is that this unit seems to be designed for the perceived problem some large folks have with the trigger being too close to the grip. It seems to be dimensionally similar to having one of those spacer thingamajigs that sets the grip further to the rear of the gun. Somebody like InnocentBystander would probably love this setup. But then, his fingers are so long that he gets unsolicited love letters from female octopuses. I on the other hand, have digits probably better described as "nubs" than "fingers" and this arrangement is a real PITA for me. That is; I have to shift my hand around on the grip to either drop the mag or fully disengage the safety; the latter being reminiscent of an MP-5 or an HK-91. That, and the 3.5 lb. trigger pulls feels like about 7 lbs. because my finger has so little purchase/leverage on the trigger.

I'm giving some thought to shaving the back of the pistol grip to get my hand further forward. Does anybody know how much meat there is to work with back there before I end up dremmelling air?

Thanks in advance.

SD

PS: This unit is REAL light. It's more than a little weird to have a rifle with the lightest possible barrel and a featherweight float tube with nothing on it feel nose heavy. But hey, WTF?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't say I know how much plastic is back there.  Do you think that you can actually remove that much to make a difference?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yuo may want to post this in their industry forum.
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=61

They may be able to get you a pic of one of the halves (before welding) to see what is there to work with.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Yuo may want to post this in their industry forum.

Doh!  Good thinking.

WILCO.

SD
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top