Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 5:25:03 AM EDT

For those who might like something a bit different and are tired of the faux collapsible stock. This is a modified RRA fixed CAR stock. The vertical sling swivel has been replaced by a hex nut and the butt plate has been shortened. The holes and removal of the lever are for looks only but do further reduce the bulk of the stock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the looks of the holes in the stock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:50:07 AM EDT
[#2]
So, you drilled holes in your stock because you thought it would look cool? Congratulations on fagging up your stock(and by association fagging up your rifle as well). I hope that works out for you!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always [>:/] why there is a lever on a non-collapsible stock. Holes are unique, but I doubt they lighten the stock significantly.

Now I only [>:/] who pissed on Einrich's cornflakes.

Thanks for sharing TMAN!

--LS
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Gee Einrich, you could have just shared your true feelings on the stock.

Anyway, redneck crackers from Alabama are not exactly known for their good taste. So, I'll consider the source of the comment.

As the saying goes, it's my soap and my dick and I can wash it as fast as I want to.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it looks Cool !!!!
[bounce]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyway, redneck crackers from Alabama are not exactly known for their good taste. So, I'll consider the source of the comment.
View Quote

While redneck crackers from Texas are known for sodomizing cattle and their younger siblings. Thanks for trying though!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Folks, I apologize for Einrich's conduct and turning this tread into a piss fest. I tried to delete the post but was unable to do so.

I left Alabama 36 years ago to get away from inbreeding that produces mutant idiots like him. Somehow I allowed myself to get drug down to his level. Pity.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Just Ignore him and maybe he will just go back into his Single Wide Trailer and have another Old Milwaukee !!! [toilet]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks nice.  Sounds like the statements above describe Einrich pretty good too.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#10]

looks good.

very minimalistic, which i like.  no need for the extra weight so you got rid of it.  good deal.

way to represent alabama there einie... how old are you?  15?

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, you drilled holes in your stock because you thought it would look cool? Congratulations on fagging up your stock(and by association fagging up your rifle as well). I hope that works out for you!
View Quote

You have a lot to learn about when it comes to this site and these rifles. Probably one of the strongest points to these rifles is the ability to customize them. If it turns out that Tman doesn't like his stock, he can just put another one on.

I can guarantee that if you continue with the attitude you have now, you won't make to many friends around here.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Tman, you ought to take up a project to built the "Lightest AR" possible.  Turn down the barrel, remove the fake suppresor, etc.

Wonder how light you could get it?

Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#13]
i like the look of the stock with the holes, i dont think it serves as anything but looks since the plastic drilled out probably doesnt even take off a ounce.
hey Tman, you put the pic up to show people and get their opinions and when u get one u dont like you try to delete it?
That seems pretty stupid, and kinda like a little whiny girl. if you dont want opinions then dont put up a pic.
i dont agree with Einrich but he has the right to express his opinion and tell you what he thinks.

i think its funny that u resort to calling him names and insulting him because you dont like what he wrote, that might say something about you tman, might want to look in the mirror, lol.

the lightest rifle thing might be cool, i have seen a ar with the mag well with slots milled through it, it looked pretty cool. it would go along with the holes you drilled in the stock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#14]
  The holes look good. ( cool!) I'd keep the lever though.
  Einrich went farther than just giving his opinion. He was insulting." Not for me " would have been a reasonable response. Insulting guys who are trying out new things may keep somone from posting something we all may end up wanting to do. I can understand Tman getting upset
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Be careful after you remove the lever. When you go to re-install the hex head bolt, if you thread it too far, the bolt will interfere with the recoil spring. This will cause damage and you can tell when the bolt touches the spring just by "feel" In an attempt to modify the non collapseable stock, take care not to damage other parts you may have failed to consider. Is there any way you can weigh the peices you have removed? Just curious, and it looks unique in a good way.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm from Alabama, and i like the looks of your stock.  However, I am neither a cracker or a redneck.  Well, I'm not a cracker at least.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]
ive been lurkin around these forums for a while now and there are a lot of people like  Einrich, Tman just needs to ignore it and get a thicker skin. ive seen alot worse posts than that one, lol.
how did you cut the holes Tman? hole saw or big ass drill bits?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#18]
IBTL![:K]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTL
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Every time I read Einrich's post, I laugh my ass off. Just the way it was wrote is f'in' funny! At least the association wasn't to you as being a fag, just your rifle!
But on the other hand, the only one it matters to is yourself. If you want to anodize that bad boy pink, do it!
Personally, I wouldn't do it because I rather have the strength there then the loss of .0003 ounces of material.
Having thick skin here helps a lot, since this places has a lot of shrapnel to go around. You build a nice sweet rifle, and someone will call you the bling bling mast'ah.
-Steve
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I like the look of the stock. Thanx for posting the pictures.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm from Alabama, and i like the looks of your stock.  However, I am neither a cracker or a redneck.  Well, I'm not a cracker at least.
View Quote

Indeed only Floridians can truly be "crackers". Name comes from the sound of the whip made from Florida cattle farmers at work given to them by there beloved slaves no doubt when they got out of line.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top