Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 1:12:36 PM EDT
A short time ago I bought a new BM .223 pistol thinking it would be ideal for HD. After reading here and elsewhere I realized the 7.25" barrel was too short to provide sufficient velocity for fragmentation. I called BM. They were very nice and said they had an 11.5" barrel. I sent the upper to them and they installed the new barrel but when I got it back it had no sights as the old ones would not fit. I called BM again and they were very nice and I sent it back again to install sights.

I received it and went to the range to fire it. Using American Eagle ammo it would not fire at first. A person at the store and range where I bought it thought the round was not chambering fully and oiled the mechanism. We finally got a rd to fire and then hit and miss for a few. After that it fired 40 rds without a problem. The other problem is that it was firing about 2" low at 25 yds and the front sight was adjusted all the way down to the end of its range.

I called BM again and they said they had test fired it with American Eagle ammo and it was fine.

Is is normal for the chamber to be tight and not fire at first? Is this OK now? What can I do about the inability to sight it properly?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW, Bushmaster really went out of their way to help you on this one!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they really did and I am amazed at their customer support! I thank them for it. I did have to pay of course making this my most expensive AR15.

I am puzzled about it not firing at first. Is this normal? Also wondering what to do about the sights being off at the limit of their adjustment range.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You might try different ammo. Maybe your Bushy will like something else better. Just a thought.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you just get 70+ grain ammo, which fragments at lower velocities?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the 70+ gr ammo. This was less expensive ammo for practice.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top