Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 8:41:57 PM EDT
I want to build another 16'' CAR I think...this one with an A2 upper.

Model one sales has a 5.56mm chambered A2 CAR with chrome lined bore and chamber for 325$. No bolt but I have a bolt I can swap between for now.

Doesn't model 1 use wilson barrels? Same as RRA right?

This would definetly be the SHTF gun since its all chrome lined. And I would like to maybe free float my current RRA and make it the bench gun.

How does model 1 sales stand up? I can;t decide if I want another .223 or if I want to build a 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:04:22 PM EDT
I own several Model 1 products and they have all worked fine for me. If you opt for a barrel w/o chrome lining and choose to shoot wolf, make sure you don't wait 3 monthes to clean it. Other than that they work fine. If you are looking for all out accuracy, I would probably invest in something better.

You get what you pay for
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:08:12 PM EDT
I have a un-chrome lined RRA now. That is the "accurate" one. Next one I just want to mess around with.

I shoot wolf sometimes...but I always keep my guns very clean.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:09:03 PM EDT
I have their 6.8 barrel, bolt and FF tube. Don't have any problems with them. I don't like their folding front sight better off to go with a brand name on that. There are a lot of people on here that knock M1S hard (hardcore gotta pay top dollar or it's junk types probably) but like I said I have no problem with the above mentionedand I am reasonably picky. I don't necessarily believe that top dollar means it's better just that you may be paying more for a name.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:12:43 PM EDT
Yeah there are some guys like that on here. Guess they have more money than my poor college kid broke ass.

I was thinking about building a 7.62x39 upper from their parts but I don't know what I want to do.

One minute I will be set on one thing and the next I have no idea. Then two seconds later I won't even want to build another one. I may even build a 20'' not sure. The model one sales stuff is priced ok. If I didn't want chrome lining I'd definetly go RRA again though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:21:03 PM EDT
Definitely agree on RRA. My first AR is RRA and I love it. I used RRA upper and lower on the 6.8 build.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:22:32 PM EDT
They make good parts.
HAve a buddy that has one.
Nice, well put together gun.

I like it.

I would recommend them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:31:10 PM EDT
Seems like a lot of people like model 1.

I may try them out. Just need to decide what kind of rifle I want to build.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:00:30 AM EDT
I used a Model 1 Sales A2 16'' AR15 C.A.R. Target Kit, 5.56 NATO, chrome lined chamber & bore, 1-9 twist, target crown uppers for my first build and it work great for me.  With iron sights its more accurate than my friends Oly 20".  Or may be I'm just a better shoot. Nay it’s the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:06:38 AM EDT
I have 2 Model 1 sales kits.

One 16in. M4 with a 6 position stock, hogue grip, vertical grip, and a bushnell trophy red dot sight.

the other is a 20in. standard that I have yet to work on.

both are perfect! never had ANY malfuctions. Great accuracy. Flawless finish.

I hear RRA's are good as well, but I would recomend Model 1 to anyone!

Good luck with your new build!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:20:50 AM EDT
More war movies I watch the more I want to build a nice 20'' A2....or A1 even.

I am thinking about building up a 20'' just to be different than what I already have. Soon as I get paid I have to send my upper off to ADCO...it needs a flash hider like I need....well just say I have been single awhile
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:19:57 AM EDT
I bought a gun off of the EE that has a Model 1 upper, and chrome lined 16" M4 barrel.
I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it so far, but I'm very pleased.

COM hits on B27 silhouettes at 200 yards with irons and the Eotech.
Shot Wolf with no problem.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:54:46 AM EDT
I may go this route when I build a 20''. Or a dissy. Not sure which I want right now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:02:39 AM EDT
I have two Model1 uppers: stainless 20" HB and chrome-lined 16" M4. Both function well. Stainless 20" tube is accurate with every brand of ammo I've ever tried. Chrome-lined 16" is accurate with everything except XM193PD (at least the first batch I got)... very accurate with Q3131A though. I like Model1 and would definitely order from them again.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:30:27 PM EDT
I to was thinking about building a 20 in ar to go with my colt m4 i built several years ago but i came across a almost brand new hbar  sporter at the gun show while i was looking at parts  and  it was over bought it!
Top Top