User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 2:28:48 AM EDT
Is their uppers GTG?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had a couple of their uppers,  no problems.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Never had a problem with Model 1 equipment. However after ordering from them I found several fraudulent charges to my bank card lucky for me that the bank spotted them to and refuse to pay.
So if you do I would recommend either a prepaid credit card or a Money Order.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I built one of their rifle kits. No problems.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Every Model 1 upper I have dealt with has had problems. I have also found many of their LPK to be of inferior quality. There was also a credit card scam associated with them. Buy at your own risk. There are way to many company's out there today for me to ever chance my hard earned cash with them. EVER!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Buyer beware.  They are fully aware of the credit card scam, yet do nothing about it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I just bought a Del Ton kit from Cold Hand Arms for roughly the same price as Model 1 stuff , maybe less.   ($550 for a complete middy, 530 for a regular carbine - with lower)  ––––-

I have a Model 1 pistol upper that has not had a problem in the 12 years i have had it except for the gas key being improperly staked.   easy fix.   probably 5k through it including roughly 2k of steel cased cheapie ammo..   I use anti-walk trigger pins in my lower because they tend to migrate a bit , but thats likely a problem with tolerance in my lower's pin holes.

That said, although i've had good luck with mine,  the credit card scam is a deal breaker for sure
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just bought a Del Ton kit from Cold Hand Arms for roughly the same price as Model 1 stuff , maybe less.   ($550 for a complete middy, 530 for a regular carbine - with lower)  ––––-

I have a Model 1 pistol upper that has not had a problem in the 12 years i have had it except for the gas key being improperly staked.   easy fix.   probably 5k through it including roughly 2k of steel cased cheapie ammo..   I use anti-walk trigger pins in my lower because they tend to migrate a bit , but thats likely a problem with tolerance in my lower's pin holes.

That said, although i've had good luck with mine,  the credit card scam is a deal breaker for sure

+1 for del-ton ,I've used model 1 before and they were gtg but why risk the credit card hassle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Got 2 M1S builds.....no problems to date.  

+1 on Del-ton as well.

Search the credit card scam issues present with M1S along with customer service woes.......and it is a shame really because I like the 2 I have.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Search the credit card scam issues present with M1S along with customer service woes.......and it is a shame really because I like the 2 I have.

Though I don't like the credit card nonsense, my experiences with their customer service has been good.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#11]
i've seen LPK issues with one, the upper seemed ok, i honestly think there are better choices out there. J&T, Del-Ton jump to mind
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Though I don't like the credit card nonsense, my experiences with their customer service has been good.

Ha ... ha  ... this is essentially saying we gonna run up some fraudulent charges on your credit card but we're real nice about doing it!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Go with J&T much better to deal with and faster.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, G2G
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Go Delton. I think M1S is OK but they are very rude, on the phone and in person.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top