Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:25:04 PM EDT
how are the quality of their uppers and kits?

thank you for your input.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 7:41:12 PM EDT by HarrySacz]
Here we go! Most people here dont like them, but some say they are ok, i think i am going to order my first kit from them in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:42:09 PM EDT
I hate to say search, but it has its purpose. It has been discussed SEVERAL times on the board. Some say junk, others ok. I have a 24 inch 1-14 twist bull upper from them that shoots wally world varmit packs pretty well.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:46:03 PM EDT
I ordered some parts from them a while back as I was trying to do a low buck build. The parts arrived quickly, were packed well enough well, and I didn't see anything wrong with the quality. Their website was faily easy to navigate also. I usually order from Del-Ton or J&T though.

There are tons of other opinions (including many negative) about them out there just do a search.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:08:37 PM EDT
I have a 6.8 barrel & bolt and one of their FF tubes. The bolt I received from them was not drilled correctly for the firing pin. Called them about it and they said send it back. They sent me a new one immediately. Some have complained about their c.s. but I had no problem at all. The barrel shoots well, on par with what others are getting from other barrels in that caliber. The FF tube was good also. Almost forgot I also got a railed gas block and have no problems with it either.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:30:59 PM EDT
I ordered my A3 upper from them 4 years ago... everything was right, functions fine, fit and all that was good too.

I plan to order a kit from them next month for my next build. All I got from them the last time was the completed upper, everything else I pieced from different sources. Heck, I'm just now putting the finishing touches on the gun and should have pictures soon for the final look.

No Expert
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:59:28 AM EDT
Popcorn - check

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:07:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 6:08:54 PM EDT by ar15club]
quality is a bit of gamble more good than bad at least for me (never had a problem)
i am satisfied for the price. COLT/ bushmaster parts should be better-but more expencive
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 8:04:24 PM EDT by Fenian]
I ordered a 16" HBAR kit from them about 2 years ago. I had no issues at all, and that rifle is probably my most accurate one of all that I have now.

I ordered a 16" lightweight from them, and the rifle wouldn't cycle...I figured it was the gas block. Anyway, I sent it back, and had a new (or repaired) upper back in about a week. No problems after that.

I just got a another lightweight and this one runs fine...but the area under the gas block is about 2 hairs bigger than it needs to be...getting the gas block off to replace it with a flip up sight one was a BITCH.

Their lower parts kits aren't the best quality, but other than having to clip a coil of a spring or 2, you shouldn't have any other major issues.

J&T has better quality parts, and their finish is nicer...so for a few $$ more, you can get a better quality kit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:10:59 PM EDT
Here's a few of those threads...

Model 1 Problems

Why Model 1 at all?

Model 1 Sales

Model 1 Sales

Model 1 sales

All things aside...I bought a kit from them a while back. No problems...fit and finish is fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:24:01 AM EDT
3 kits, no real issues. Detents seem a little out of spec, and the triggers are rough. None of my barrels were Wolf friendly ( had to clean chamber every 200-300 rounds to prevent stickies). Bolt outlasted Bushmaster bolt (12K versus 10K for failure).
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:52:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tight-Line:
how are the quality of their uppers and kits?

thank you for your input.

junk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:12:13 PM EDT
Well, I think there extreme good for the price. I also think there good for little parts that shouldn't cost much such as handguards stocks pistal grips stuff like that. Why should i spend 100 bucks for a RRA free float tube when i can get one for 35 bucks at model1sales.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:58:35 PM EDT
go for M&A parts, my kit came last week with a RRA upper from them. I have had kits from all but J&T now, and the Del ton seemed the best. I liked my M1S upper, but the lower trigger/hammer pins had to be replaced because they were walking. also on the first mag I bent the bolt catch at the end of the mag, musta been soft metal. I cannot comment about my M&A LKP Since they forgot to include it. I order from most and most seem the same, except M&A Suprised me with a RRA Upper.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:01:07 PM EDT
I've built four M1S rifles, with only one misaligned gas block which was such an easy fix, it took 5 minutes. They all functioned well, once I fixed the gas block, and they got here in like a day.

The thing I like about M1S, is that they have a much better selection than any other source I could find. J&T just doesn't touch them, with their on-line selection of options.

Top Top