Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2003 7:37:15 PM EDT
I plan to build my first AR on a RRA stripped lower.  Am considering building with a Model 1 Sales kit...specifically a 20inch A3 with carryhandle. Accuracy, cosmetics, reliability are my concerns. How are the parts, barrels, overall condition, ect? Pro and Cons please. Anything else I should consider before begining? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#1]
One of my guns a 16" carbine with a brake and non collapsable stock from Model 1. Its on a oly lower. The finish is not bad at all, the barrel is moly not chrome and it shoots great.
I have two bushmasters, one 16" dissapater and a 20" which I have made into my target gun, flat top scope and bipod. The bushys are chromelined in the barrel and the finish is a bit better but the model 1's are a better price, if price is what your looking at. I love them all, they all look and shoot great.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi, I just got through building a AR type rifle with a Model 1 Sales kit. It went together with no problems, used a Bushmaster lower. Parts all looked fine, ordered it online and it was delivered three days later, would buy from them again.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Just to back up what the others said, My brother and I have built 4 AR's on Model 1 kits (2 "M4's" and a couple of dissipators) and they've gone together great and run just fine.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The kits say that the barrel is a 1 in 9in twist heavy barrel. What kind of accuracy can I expect out of this model 1 kit rifle?...I would like to shoot out to 200, 300yds occasionally.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The kits say that the barrel is a 1 in 9in twist heavy barrel. What kind of accuracy can I expect out of this model 1 kit rifle?...I would like to shoot out to 200, 300yds occasionally.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure this will help You on the accuracy question but all the guns We built went to DOD and activated 'guard guys here at the Umatilla chemical (Weapons) depot and everyone has has "Said" that they're at least as accurate as the issue Colts We carry here.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top