Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 4:15:56 PM EDT
I was thinking about buying this upper from them: www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=UCE160CL&storeid=1ℑ=u16carpre.gif

The price is right, but are they quality uppers?

I also want it to have a front flip sight and the Phantom FH...
They have an option for thier 1913 FS with flip down attachment for $85, but if I call them will they put the Yankee Hill front sight and Phantom FH on for me all at once?

Lastly, is the Yankee Hill FS good quality?...I was looking at the PRI front sight (not available through them) but for the price and if they install it for me the Yankee Hill seems like it may be the way to go.

Thanks in advance,
Derek

Edited to ask:  Will these uppers work with the ARMS SIR?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
im not sure about the rest of your questions but i have a model 1 upper and love it
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my model 1 XM177 type complete upper...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I was doing some research on them (I wanted a 24" Heavy-Barrel NM barrel/upper) and their "heavy-barrels" are shrimpy compared to Bushmaster heavy-barrels.

I'm not sure about their upper receiver quality... They're quite cheap but Rock River Arms uppers are comparably priced and have limited lifetime warranties.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was doing some research on them (I wanted a 24" Heavy-Barrel NM barrel/upper) and their "heavy-barrels" are shrimpy compared to Bushmaster heavy-barrels.

I'm not sure about their upper receiver quality... They're quite cheap but Rock River Arms uppers are comparably priced and have limited lifetime warranties.

Yeah, and I just found you can build your own M4 upper on Adco, I think I would rather do it that way...glad I waited and kept looking, I almost bought a Model 1 just out of sheer price and desire right when I saw it.

Although, I might get the XM177 just out of sheer desire for a Vietnam era looking plinker...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top