Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2004 6:33:00 PM EDT
I test fired my Model 1 Sales 7.62x39 11.5" Commando upper receiver tonight and it moved the bolt/carrier back about 1/4". I check for smooth bolt functioning and it was fine. Fired it again without the AK (AR-47 lower receiver and RDIAS) mag in place. Same thing. Checked the size of the gas port and it was a solid .096" I cleaned everything up and checked the bolt carrier key, the gas tube alignment (make sure I didn't install it upside down). I drilled it out to .098" and will try to tomorrow after work.

Denny Fouche told me at Knob Creek that he had to open his up to .120" and that was with a 16" barrel! I will go up one number size at a time and test fire it.

I was curious if anyone else has been playing with one of these 11.5" uppers and how they perform. My 7.5" Model 1 Sales upper worked perfectly right out of the box. I thought this one might also.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Darin
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:35:15 PM EDT
Also, anyone building up an AR47 gun, I HIGHLY recommend the DPMS LO-PRO. The A-3 upper DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH MEAT around the bolt carrier!!!
Thanks,
Darin
Top Top