Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 7:35:09 AM EDT
Has anyone ever purchased anything from these guys like an upper or telestock?  How does the quality of this company compare to the bigger dogs?  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
This subject has been beaten to death in more threads than you can count, especially over on the "Build it Yourself" side. If you hang around there, you will see similar experiences to mine. So here's my two cents anyway. I bought a Model-1 16" carbine kit a few months ago, and would definitely not buy one from them again. The quality was poor, They advertised A-2 sights, but only the rear sight was A-2. The front was the older A-1 round post style. They overtorqued the barell causing excessive windage adjustment necessary to even get on the paper. I had to send it back to get it fixed. They did fix it fairly quickly, but why couldn't they just check the damn thing before it went out the door, and save the customer the extra shipping costs, and time wasted. The fit and finish were sub-par with other kits, such as J&T, or RRA, etc. My advice would be to pay a little extra for the J&T stuff. There are other alternatives out there as well like M&A, Fulton Armory, and even Bushmaster sells parts and kits if that's the way you want to go. Good luck. [beathorse]

Edited to add: I have since sold the Model-1, and am very happy with my J&T.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
That's all I needed to know!  Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a upper from Model 1 sales from a gun show in Dallas.  I was at their booth for over an hour and they answered all my questions,  and he sold me exactly what I wanted.  So far I have been very happy with the upper.  By the way Their barrels are ER Shaw match barrels.  Hard to find anything out about them,  but they are supposedly good barrels.  The gun in the front is the Model 1 sales upper.  Lower is a RRA.  Free float 16" with milled front sight.  Only thing you need to make sure of is specifically ask for a 5.56 or a 223 chamber.  Because the barrels are not marked...

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/picts/ar15.JPG[/img]

Prosise
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top