BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:38:38 AM EDT
haveOdin
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Model-1 is pretty squared away. I had a problem with an upper I bought from them. They straightened it out asap,no questions asked. They're good peoples.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Model-1 rules!  they put together a 16" dissipator kit for me with a few upgrades, and got it in a week and a half.  Great service, very direct and to the point. I will order from them again soon!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone used on e of their 24" varmint upper ?
Looking to build one.
I have one of their versions of an M4 and love it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I just finished a Model 1 20" A2 with 1/8" stainless steel barrel. Love it. I now gotta hankering for an A3 upper, no sight gas block and 24" stainless barrel. Gootasave my pennies though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I know the feeling.
I think I'm to the point now I just work to support my addiction.
(buying more ammo and new toys)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looking to build one.

just got one in 6mm PPC...  haven't shot it yet.   Its only got a 1:10 twist so I don't expect the heaver, High BC bullets to stabilize, but I'll Post results when I got them
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Please do, I'dlike to know how it does..
How you guys fairing down there in hurricane central ?
I really feel bad for eveeryone down there especially with another one on the way.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Please do, I'dlike to know how it does..
How you guys fairing down there in hurricane central ?
I really feel bad for eveeryone down there especially with another one on the way.

I'm up in Pensacola... Think more of southern Alabama....  It hasn't even rained here yet!

But it will start soon.  Should just be windy and rainy for us.

As for the range report, I hope to have my dies soon... then I just need to find the time to load and get to the range...

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I hope everything goes as good as it can for you guys.
let me know how that range day turns out.
I know what you mean about finding time to load and then get out to use it.
Deal with that myself a lot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad to know all is well in FL, and also I'm glad to know that Model 1 is good, b/c I'll be hopefully ordering a CAR light weight kit from them soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
 I have built  threeModel-1 kits.  The most recent was for my son who had just returned from Iraq.  When I took it to zero, it required 23 clicks left to zero.  I emailed Model-1 and their response (within hours) was "send it back and we'll fix it."  Well, it took four weeks round trip, but the result is a perfect zero with only 2 clicks to the right.  The group on the military 25 meter zero target was 3 rounds in under 1/2 inch with all three holes virtually touching.  For grins I then fired a 20 round magazine at the zero target.  The result was a 20 round 2"  group dead on.  Needless to say, I am quite pleased with their product and customer service.
Odin

I got 5 kits from them and their quality and customer service is the reason I keep buying their kits.

556man
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]
My first AR build was using a Model 1 kit on a Bushy lower. The fit was good and friends told me that it looked like a factory gun (yeah mil-spec finish). Only problem I had with it was the mis-alignment of the barrel/fsb assembly. My zero was set with the rear sight almost 1/4" from the right plate. Not a big deal to me at the time. Have since sold the AR and will build another. No problems with Model 1 and I like their prices.

Make sure you check the barrel/fsb alignment first thing so that you can get it fixed ASAP. That seems to be the only consistent problem they have.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looking to build one.

just got one in 6mm PPC...  haven't shot it yet.   Its only got a 1:10 twist so I don't expect the heaver, High BC bullets to stabilize, but I'll Post results when I got them

Top_prop-

FYI - I have a 6mm PPC with 1 in 12 twist and it will stabilize 87 gr bullets no problem so I think you can easily go heavier with your 1 in 10.  I found shorter, less streamlined bullets (i.e. non boattail) will stabilize better than the more streamlined bullets with the same bullet weight.  Of course, those are the lower BC bullets.

Speaking of Model 1, (I really like their service, BTW) has anyone put together a .300 /221 fireball kit from them?

Scot
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top