Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/13/2003 6:07:14 AM EDT
HI I took my new upper to the range yesterday. It is a 24" flat top with floating hangaurds I got from model1sales. I put my bushmaster bolt and carrier out of my m4 only becouse it had less than 100 rd fired.(my m4 upper is for sale with dotscope if any body wants it). Well the model1sales upper worked great I was shooting 10 rds with 1" to 1.75" groups at 100 yards they would have been tighter but it can't hold the crosshairs that still. And I am not exaggerating eather becouse I would not want to steer anybody wrong. Also we shoot a bank that is 170 yards away I put a dozen or so claybirds on it and shot them with out missing one, then I  shot the smaller pieces,I am not that good of a shot. although It doesnt have a cromed lineing. But the guys at the range told me they never wore one out anyway. This one guy has over 8000 rounds through his mini-14 and it shoots great. Well I still would like the Bushmaster 24"Upper Receiver but this was $150 more. And I spent to much alreay in the past 4 months ( gun safe a couple AK-47s ,scopes, clips, allthat other stuff I am sure you guys know what I mean. The only problem I had was half way down the empty case after it was fired ther was a 3/16" pretty deep scratch It doesnt bother me becouse I dont reload and I dont nnow whatputs it there? but I fried 300rds with out a problem well good luck
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like your happy with your new purchase. Try listing that M4 upper you have on the EE , I'm sure it will sell there. Stop in your HomeTown Forum when you get a chance and say hey . Maybe you can join one the groups in your area for a shoot or get together.  

SaFe SHoOTiNg
  Jerry [):)]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
sw99...glad you liked the model 1...I've had no issues with mine so far, other than what I posted about the cheap feeling charging handle.  I've already added a set of rail handguards, and the VLTOR rifle length stock.  I'm headed to the range again tomorrow, with a slightly different hand load, to see what I can do.  

BTW, what kind of M4 upper do you have?  I've got a friend looking to get an M4, so I told him I'd help him build it.  First step would be the upper, so let me know.  (I promise to remember what you're talking about this time...sorry, hope you didn't take offense, but for the life of me I couldn't remember a post about the model 1 kit that I hadn't resonded to.  As I said, old age and too much partying in my youth lol.)
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a bushmaster thats ok I dont rember either?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
sw99, shoot me an email if you want to sell it...we're getting the parts together for my friend's rifle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top