Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/24/2003 6:08:11 PM EDT

Can anyone who has purchased an upper or other part from Model1sales relate to me any good or bad experiences? I am planning on purchasing one of their flat top 20" uppers.

Only opinions from those who have actually dealt with Model1sales, please.

Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:14:57 PM EDT
I have an M-4 flat top upper witha mini Y-comp from them.I havn't shot it yet(waiting to purchase sights).The quality is top notch!It has ZERO PLAY with a new C.M.T lower(wich is same as RRA,BM).
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:20:21 PM EDT
storminnorman, is the muzzle brake threaded and blind pinned/welded? They said the current lot is made by national aerospace industries or something like that, a current military contractor. I am checking up on that, I will probably buy unless i hear a lot of negatives. Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:37:09 PM EDT
I got my Model 1 lightweight 16" CAR kit about a month ago and it is great quality. Model 1 shipped fast and they were very easy to deal with. Just finished my kit this past weekend with an RRA stripped lower and the fit was perfect. Color match was very good too. I know of another member that had an issue with their delivered rifle and Model 1 remedied the issue quickly if I remember correctly. I'll definitely buy from Model 1 the next build as well. J
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:44:01 PM EDT
It looks like it's part of the barrel,i can't find a seem anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:46:00 PM EDT
Thanks for your input Recon_Sine!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:47:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By storminnorman: It looks like it's part of the barrel,i can't find a seem anywhere.
View Quote
Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:15:38 PM EDT
I bought a 11.5" bbl. 7.62x39 for my M16A1. [img]http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/13511_5_5_3a03.jpg[/img] It ran 100% right out of the box. I'd buy from them again. -TF
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:37:55 PM EDT
Just picked up a 20" Flat top Bull SS Barrel upper, with bolt and carrier from them. Only one strange thing, despite the presence of a forward assist on the upper, there are no forward assist "notches" in the bolt carrier. I don't anticipate it being a problem really, as this upper will be fed exclusively high quality ammo ( IE, no Wolf ). Otherwise, I was extremely happy with the fit and finish of the upper. Service was excelent and shipping was expedient. Hope this helps. - Nw -
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:41:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By _DR: Can anyone who has purchased an upper or other part from Model1sales relate to me any good or bad experiences? I am planning on purchasing one of their flat top 20" uppers. Only opinions from those who have actually dealt with Model1sales, please. Thanks for any input!
View Quote
I spoke with dsspro and he just returned a Model 1 kit he was unhappy with. He probably has not seen your post. Contact him for further description.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:55:01 AM EDT
Thanks All!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:58:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By davidenorth:
Originally Posted By _DR: Can anyone who has purchased an upper or other part from Model1sales relate to me any good or bad experiences? I am planning on purchasing one of their flat top 20" uppers. Only opinions from those who have actually dealt with Model1sales, please. Thanks for any input!
View Quote
I spoke with dsspro and he just returned a Model 1 kit he was unhappy with. He probably has not seen your post. Contact him for further description.
View Quote
I'm not sure how to contact dsspro, but would certainly like to to see what the issue was. Good sign that they refunded his money, though, when he has a problem.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:22:11 AM EDT
My experience with them has been very good. I only have one upper from them. I called them, talked to Brian (the owner I think) he answered my questions, offered a few suggestions and I had it the next morning! They are in IL and I am in MI. Can't beat that. I ordered a 16" lite weight post ban flattop with picatanny gas block and knurled free float tube.(for calling coyotes and a walking varminter) Shoots under 1" with my reloads-no problem. Not one jam or malfuntion so far. Fit and finish are great and it fits better on my Bushy lower then my Bushy upper does! Color match is great. What else can I say.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:30:18 AM EDT
I just received a kit from Model 1, three days ago. 16"HB, FF, gas block w/ muzzle brake. Fit and finish is excellent, 6 days from order to receipt. I'm still waiting for my lower, so I can't tell you anything about it's performance yet. But so far I'm very pleased.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:38:06 AM EDT
I've built 2 Model 1 kits in the last 6 months...I had a couple of issues, but both guns function fine now, and I'm pretty happy with the experience. The first kit was supposed to be a lightweight CAR kit...unbeknownst to me, they were out of lightweight barrels, which wasn't mentioned on the website. After about a week of not seeing my credit card charged I called them...that's when they told me the barrels were out of stock, but they were expecting them shortly. After another 3 or 4 days, I got impatient, and changed my order to a regurlar CAR kit. I had that kit within 3 or 4 days. The kit itself was fine, except that I thought the finish on the charging handle was a little gritty, which made the CH feel like it was made out of pot metal or something. I just swapped it out for an extra one I had, and I was good to go. The rifle functioned flawlessly from the get go, and I just got a batch of sub moa groups with some handloads I tweaked for that rifle. The second one I ordered was the lightweighg 16" CAR...they had the barrels back in stock, and that one came to me in less than a week from the day I ordered. First trip to the rnage revealed a major problem...rounds would not eject, no movement at all in the bolt carrier. Obviously a gas problem. I sent the upper back, they figured out that there was in fact no hole in the gas block (I got that rifle with the picatinny rail gas block). They sent the fixed upper back to me a day or so later, and the repaired upper was good to go. I had to cut a couple of coils off the detent spring in one of the kits, but other than that, the parts kits were ok. The important thing is that the seemed very willing to address the problem I had in a timely manner, and agreed to pay the shipping costs after I mentioned it to them. As I stated, both rifle works great now, and I am happy with the quality of the kits. If you do have a problem, like I did, my experience was that they are willing to make things right without making you beat them over the head, which is pretty important in my book. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:33:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By _DR:
Originally Posted By davidenorth:
View Quote
View Quote
I'm not sure how to contact dsspro, but would certainly like to to see what the issue was. Good sign that they refunded his money, though, when he has a problem.
View Quote
He is on the Minnesota hometown board under new ffl dealer clipped note.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:35:58 AM EDT
A little off topic..sorry. Triggerfish, How does that mag work for you in your 7.62x 39 AR?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:24:15 PM EDT
Based on your input, I'm going to buy it at the gun show this weekend: 20" 5.56 with NM front and rear sights. Thanks a million for you input.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 11:07:01 PM EDT
I bought a 20" E2S kit from them several years ago. The fit and finish were excellent (matched my Colt receiver perfectly). Unfortunately, the chamber had some grooves in it that couldn't be smoothed out (the gunsmith tried) The grooves caused ejection problems, which in turn caused double feeds. Took me several years to conclusively diagnose the chamber as being the root cause of my problem. I replaced the barrel at my own expense and haven't had a problem since.
Top Top