Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 7:09:27 PM EDT
Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always hated the screw in front pivot pin on my Colt.  AFAIK, only Colt makes lowers this way, and I think they still do.  I need to get it drilled for the captive pivot pin, but I haven't done it yet.  I once bought a drop in pivot pin (unknown manufacture), but it didn't work very well.  It was loose, and it protruded too far out from the receiver for my tastes.

Anyway, I was playing around today with a spare HK pushpin, and guess what?  PERFECT fit.  This will work with a standard handguard or trigger group pushpin of any HK 9x series rifle, the stock pin will NOT work because they will be too long.  It's not as good as a true captive pivot pin, but it's a lot more convienent than a screw in pin.

Now where do you get an HK pushpin?  Any decent HK dealer should have a bunch.  I figure around $7 for a pin.  

Sorry, not digital camera, so no pics for now.

I don't know if this info is useful to anyone other than myself, but I thought I'd throw it out there...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always hated the screw in front pivot pin on my Colt.  AFAIK, only Colt makes lowers this way, and I think they still do.  I need to get it drilled for the captive pivot pin, but I haven't done it yet.  I once bought a drop in pivot pin (unknown manufacture), but it didn't work very well.  It was loose, and it protruded too far out from the receiver for my tastes.

Anyway, I was playing around today with a spare HK pushpin, and guess what?  PERFECT fit.  This will work with a standard handguard or trigger group pushpin of any HK 9x series rifle, the stock pin will NOT work because they will be too long.  It's not as good as a true captive pivot pin, but it's a lot more convienent than a screw in pin.

Now where do you get an HK pushpin?  Any decent HK dealer should have a bunch.  I figure around $7 for a pin.  

Sorry, not digital camera, so no pics for now.

I don't know if this info is useful to anyone other than myself, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

I'm looking at the same thing on the LE Government Carbine I picked up. Small pivot, with the screw in pivot pin but they didn't drill it for the spring and detent. The Sporter Target I got last summer, though it had the screw in pivot pin, WAS already drilled for the spring and detent as well as the weep hole. Simple matter of getting a push pin, detent and spring.

I'm going to have my gunsmith drill the hole for the spring and detent, but will probably pass on the weep hole.

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
American Manufacturing can do it for 20 or 30 dollars

http://www.american-manufacture.com/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top