Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 12:02:56 PM EDT
If I wanted to mount an Aimpoint as close to the rail as possible (so no cantaliever-type mounts), what would be the shortest run of rail that would work? In other words, with a typical #22M68 ARMS mount with no spacer on the Aimpoint, and the same on the front of the Magnifier, and the two units placed as close as possible, what would the number of rail slots needed be?

Thinking of using this combo for my M-14; I have a Smith reciever mount that has 13 Picatinny slots. Will that work?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a #22M68 but if something else would work I'd use it.

Why not just use two Larue M68CCOs? What does the LT152 do?

My goal was to get the optics down as low to the rail as possible, since they are going on an M-14; I have a Rooster adjustable cheekpiece but would still like to keep the height above the bore down.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The 152 would be optimal. That way the mount would be flush with the front of the Magnifier unit so it could be real close to the rear of the Aimpoint.

Any idea how many slots that would take? I've printed out pics of these sights on ARs and drawn on them, but its hard to tell...real close to wether it'd work or not.

The Aimpoint/Magnifier combo seems to be the best choice for how I will use my M-14: battle rifle, not sniper rifle.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Boom!

Is the 152 a replacement for the 122; will the latter be discontinued?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been able to get my LT150 with a Tripower to sit forward far enough to fit a 3X (also in an LT 150, but mounted backwards) and a BUIS all on my flat top. The forward edge of the LaRue mount sits forward off the top by about a half inch, but it is still mounted solidly and won't move.

Merry Christmas!

ETA: The BUIS folds so it is underneath the 3X.  A fixed BUIS won't fit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top