Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2013 5:22:15 PM EDT
Looking at a mini dot sight

I'm looking for something that could POSSIBLY do double duty on my AR or my pistol
1. So many variations of RMR. Triangle or dot reticle , led , dual illuminated ?

2. Delta point less variations - looked through one today and it seemed pretty sweet

My first use would actually be on an AR , but I also want to try on a pistol too

I'm looking for any help here before I make a $500 error

I'm going to also post in pistol too
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking at these as well.  The EoTech MRDS looks interesting as well.  I just can't decide.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The only one I'd consider small enough for pistol use is the RMR. I've been using an RM01 on my Glock for years mounted to the slide. It' been flawless for 100s if not over 1,000 rounds down range.

If it can handle the abuse of slide mounted use I have total confidence that it could easily handle the recoil of an AR.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Leupold Deltapoint and key discriminators are the following:  
a) motion sensing auto on/off
b) auto brightness sensor

But you will need a riser to use it on an AR
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I plan on purchasing one or the other for my Glock 17.  Still undecided.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm looking at these as well.  The EoTech MRDS looks interesting as well.  I just can't decide.
View Quote

I've had great success with both Insight MRDS's that I own. I do have one at Insight being repaired though (older model with bad battery contacts).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top