Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2013 6:43:38 PM EDT
Any idea what mount(s) the military is using these days for issued Harris Bipods? I used to think ARMS, but I'm not so sure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any idea what mount(s) the military is using these days for issued Harris Bipods? I used to think ARMS, but I'm not so sure.

KAC, YHM, CAA, they're usually unit purchase items unless included as part of a weapon "system" like the M110, and no real "standard" that I'm aware of.  

The M27 uses a LaRue integrated mount.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think I got one on Cheaperthandirt at one point. I've got one at home somewhere. Harris Has links to them on their website if I am not mistaken

It's basically just a simple Rail Mount that the Harris Bipod clips into. Fairly universal. If you're buying it yourself, spend the 30 bucks and get the ones that are decently made, not the ones that are 10 bucks - they don't lock in as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm really looking for something QD to go on my M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone, and stay "accurate".
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm really looking for something QD to go on my M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone, and stay "accurate".

I would get the LT130 mount or an LT706 integrated bipod and call it a day.

FWIW - it's what I use.  

It does not strain the imagination in the least for an end user to have ordered an LT130 if it weren't issued to them.  A QD bipod seems almost a no-brainer to me.  IMHO, a "hard mounted" bipod as opposed to one on an LT or other QD mount is foolish.  It's no less sturdy, but it makes the rifle infinitely more flexible.  

If you're thinking "perfect clone," you could always use the integrated bipod and claim a Marine jacked one off an M27.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW - it's what I use.  

It does not strain the imagination in the least for an end user to have ordered an LT130 if it weren't issued to them.  A QD bipod seems almost a no-brainer to me.  IMHO, a "hard mounted" bipod as opposed to one on an LT or other QD mount is foolish.  It's no less sturdy, but it makes the rifle infinitely more flexible.  

If you're thinking "perfect clone," you could always use the integrated bipod and claim a Marine jacked one off an M27.  

~Augee

Or stole one from a Mk12. Those have ARMS mounts or KAC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I mainly see the Larue mounts on M27's.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW - it's what I use.  

~Augee

The LT706 is perfect if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW - it's what I use.  

~Augee

The LT706 is perfect if you ask me.

Well, I had considered a Pod Lock, but maybe I should look at the big knob instead?
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have neither, but would probably prefer the LT-style knob to the pod-lock.

Have frankly not found it too problematic to simply use the stock knob - but then again, I only use my bipod in relatively static situations.  I'm certainly no sniper.

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, I had considered a Pod Lock, but maybe I should look at the big knob instead?

Well, almost perfect. I hate the knob.

If used on a precision rig, once you get into your position/hide/bench/whatever, I want to wrench it down once it's level.

The knob is harder to achieve that degree of tightness and is also hard to manipulate with gloves on. So it gets changed to a lever style.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top