Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:55:50 PM EDT
Vltor 5-position buffer tubes comes engraved with the manufacturer's logo.

Do CMT, LMT, Colt or any other makers of mil-spec buffer tubes mark them? Some has 5-position, while other has six-. Are they truly interchangeable with any mil-spec retractable plastic stock -- CAR, M4, Vltor, Sop-Mod?

Are there any other makers of mil-spec tubes? That rules out RRA since their tube is out-of-spec.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:22:17 PM EDT
Can't speak for LMT or CMT, but I have yet to see a Colt tube marked. I purchased a collapsible stock at a gun show, and was told it was Colt mil-spec, but it turns out it wasn't. I have yet to see that vendor at the shows in IA again. Probably got kick out for not being an honest vendor.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:28:42 AM EDT

I had the same issue with a purchase at a local show... was told mil-spec Colt, turns out it wasn't. I pretty much gave up trusting a tube purchase based on seller's word, I usually like to test it with a Colt carbine slider just to make sure.

On my last slider, I just brought the whole Vltor kit to save from having a headach hinking.gif

~dc
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:27:54 AM EDT
CMT is not marked in any way. Not even the bag it was sent in. But I do trust the dealer, so I'm sure it is a CMT.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:48:51 AM EDT
My CMT stocks will fit the Vltor tube, the Vltor will fit the CMT tube, and so on. And my CMT's are not marked either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:30:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:01:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lancelot:
My CMT stocks will fit the Vltor tube, the Vltor will fit the CMT tube, and so on. And my CMT's are not marked either.

Originally Posted By EagleFirearms:
The Stag Arms/CMT milspec tubes are not marked. We have verified that they work with Colt, Stag Arms, LMT and VLTOR stocks. True milspec 6 position tube.

Any LMT stocks (SopMod / M4 ) owners care to comment on their tubes? Any markings?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:25:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By akula99:

Any LMT stocks (SopMod / M4 ) owners care to comment on their tubes? Any markings?

I have a LMT M4 stock on my LMT Defender 2000 M4 CAR.

Their tube is not marked but the color is grey due to the Mil-Spec dry lube they use.

Also LMT tubes have three drain holes in the last three (rear most) locking detent holes.
Top Top