Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2004 3:03:53 PM EDT
I'm not trying to flame, I'm just telling the truth about my experience with MidWest Tactical. I needed to get an ARMS 40  flip up sight and I saw the MidWest Tactical the infamous Tacpoint. For the money I'd thought I'd try one and if I didn't like it I put it on the EE.

I ordered the stuff on 7/31 and I did receive and order acknowledgement the same day. It was one of the auto replies.

After two two weeks I emailed MidWest Tactical  back for a status update. After several attempts I got this curt response from MidWest Tactical saying my ARMS 40 was waiting for the shipment of Tacpoints.

First it was a surprise to learn of the backorder two weeks after ordering and only thru my follow-up. Midwest Tactical offered no estimate and MidWest Tactical  didn't offer to ship the ARMS 40 that  MidWest Tactical claimed to have waiting for me.

It's been about 10 days since I sent my last email to MidWest Tactical telling MidWest Tactical  to cancel my order because I was sick of waiting and thought it was bad customer service not to keep me somewhat informed.

Today I get my CC bill and sure enough, MidWest Tactical  charged my credit card the day I ordered the parts (7/31). I still have not heard hide no hair from Midwest Tactical. I called MidWest Tactical  and asked that they explain why I was billed prior to shipment.  MidWest Tactical hasnot called me back.

Now I sit here on hold with my CC card company waiting to dispute the charges.

I may be a sample of one but based upon other posts, my guess is one should use "caveat emptor" when deciding to use MidWest Tactical  .

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, they're not being to good in the whole tacpoint communication thing.  

Its beginning to piss me off too.  

I dont care if they do or do not have them, I just care about getting a prompt reply to my e-mails and phone calls.

I'm not worried about them ripping me off, I trust that I will get what I paid for.  I just think I may give my money to someone else for my next order.

Sorta funny too, because they post here quite often...but don't take the time to reply to their customers.  No good in my book...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I say it before some one else does.

"I deserve it for ordering a Tacpoint in the first place"

To redeem myself I have since ordered and received (3 days total time) an Eotech from Grant.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I say it before some one else does.

"I deserve it for ordering a Tacpoint in the first place"

To redeem myself I have since ordered and received (3 days total time) an Eotech from Grant.

Bomber

I concur...but like myself, atleast you already have quality optics if the shtf.  I'm prepared, just wanted something to beat the snot out of and not care about.  Hence the tacpoint purchase.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you deserve to be treated like chopped liver no matter what you order.  You do deserve all the customer service, prompt shipping and communication from vendors that are standard practice for folks like Grant, Denny's, Smith Enterprise, MSTN, BrightFlashLights, etc.  I just don't have the inclination to gamble and try new vendors unless they've earned good reputations from folks here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
So, What did they do to make it right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they tend to make things right, after someone has to post about them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
They have replied promptly to my emails on shipping updates on the Tacpoints and they even told me they would call me when they got them in to get my charge card number.  I find that very nice of them.  They were prolly get strung along by the supplier so they thought they would get them anyday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So, What did they do to make it right?

They reversed the charges on my credit card. I still don't have an ARMS 40 that I ordered, but I do have a Eotech now

Bomber
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top