Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:28:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 5:29:26 PM EST by Soku]
I'm in the market for a FF handguard. Although I would like a DD Lite handguard I just don't know if they are worth the approx. $300 plus having to buy a $20 wrench! So I started looking at the MI T series handguard. They look pretty good and the price for a Midlenght is about $135 at Midway. I have spanner wrenches so I don't need to buy their wrench. So who's using one and how do you like it? Does it mount with an externally threaded barral nut and jam nut and handguard threaded and jammed together? Is the end result solid enough that a vertical grip won't cause things to rotate in the heat of battle?

Any feed back will be appreciated. Picture would be great too so show off your rifle!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:00:18 PM EST
It does everything i've needed it to so far. Has a foregrip on it. Still hasn't moved a hair in 1000 rds. Very solid. A tad heavier than a DD though.
Yes it has a threaded barrel nut and jam nut to rail set-up.
Also: I thought, like you, that a spanner would work, but none of mine, including the AR armorers wrench fit it, so factor in the 14.95 for the FF Wrench and save yourself some headache.

No pics, sorry, it's late and I ain't goin through all that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:04:05 AM EST
That's for the heads up on the wrench.

It looks like the MI base tube is much larger in OD than the DD, true?
Top Top