Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:57:41 PM EST
Just installed my first free float handguard. It is a MI M LOK 12" and installation was straight forward. The only issue i see is the top rail of the handguard bottomed out on the receiver before it could nottom out on the barrel nut. My question is: Is this normal/common/acceptable? It seems to be aligned propperly in every other way and seems to be quite secure. There is a small, about 1/32" gap between the rear of the handguard and the teeth of the barrel nut. The alignment tabs are engaged and i dont believe it will move. I just wonder if this is something I should correct with barrel nut shims or by filing the rear of the handguard rail, or am I creating a problem out of a non issue?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:08:10 PM EST
Non issue. Most people want the top rail to butt up against the upper receiver. I have 5 or 6 MI SSK and Gen 2 rails and none of them bottom out on the barrel nut. That is the way they are designed to ensure the top rail does bottom out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:12:32 PM EST
Thank you sir. This was my first install and my OCD was getting the better of me.
On an unrelated topic...... how the heck do I upload pictures to a post?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:15:38 PM EST
You need a host server like Photbucket. You open a free account, upload the pics to PB, then copy/past an IMG link to your post that you want the picture to show up in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:19:22 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
You need a host server like Photbucket. You open a free account, upload the pics to PB, then copy/past an IMG link to your post that you want the picture to show up in.
View Quote

Thanks again bud. I am interweb challenged at times.
Top Top