Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 10:58:57 AM EDT
Shot my Cavalry Arms middy today.  It was smooth.  Add in a 9mm super heavy buffer...and it was damn smooth.  There is great joy at my home today.  

Carry on.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep.

I have one in mine and love how it shoots.

It's ejecting around the 3:30-4:00 o'clock position so I think it's functioning correctly.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm kind of a FNG here, but was looking to get a mid length. have you guys run into any problems with using the 9mm buffer? what are the effects of using one?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
As I wrote in my post above, it is joy.  Take both with you.  If the 9mm doesn't work, insert the other one.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had no problems using the standard buffer in my midlength.  I may try a heavy buffer in the next build...or maybe not...if it aint broke, don't fix it.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
what is diffrent using a 9mm buffer???

just courious..
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what is diffrent using a 9mm buffer???

just courious..

its heavier (usually ~5 oz, compared to the 2.7 of the standard one)--slows cycling and may reduce wear
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top