Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2003 8:53:10 AM EDT
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything with the search feature.

Who makes a free float, midlength, railed handgaurd?  I thought Olympic had a midlength FIRSH but now I can't find it.  

I know ARMS has the midlength bilevel, but that's a bit out of the price range and I don't want the bilevel for this project.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Knights has a mid length one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
PRI has (had) them too.  Wes @ MSTN had one for sale on EE not too long ago.

Knight's or PRI is going to run you about $350, a bit cheaper than the ARMS #58 M, but not much.  Plus Knights and PRI require the removal of the existing barrel nut, sight and muzzle device , if any.  ARMS #58 M (military, do not think a civilian version is out yet)requires the removal of the Delta ring assembly, which can be dremeled off.

Here is the link to Olympic Arms site.  Scroll to the bottom of the page.
[url]http://www.olyarms.com/specials.html[/url]

[url=www.TripleBreakProducts.com]TripleBreak Products[/url] is the only dealer that I know of who sells the Mid-length FIRSH.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.  

Wes,
I was thinking about doing what you mentioned, using a gas block under the handgaurd and then a front sight out in front.  Can you tell me how long the PRI midlength handgaurd is?

The AR is nice because it is a modular system.  Its also a pain in the ass do to all of the options.
Scott

Thanks for the reminder on Triple Break.  I thought I had seen a midlength FIRSH.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Dillon Precision sells the midlength CMORE quadrail too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top