Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 1:50:16 PM EST
Should this work as well as anything else? thx
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:04:35 PM EST
I run an ISMI Spring and H3 buffer I picked up off a former vendor here on ARFCOM, works quite well in my Recce.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:05:55 PM EST
Buffer is determined by the stock, not the gas system. Rifle length tube and buffer should work fine, they do on carbines.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:33:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By 80sgyrene:
Buffer is determined by the stock, not the gas system. Rifle length tube and buffer should work fine, they do on carbines.

Um...

You're half right.

Buffer weight IS dependent on the gas system you're running and your barrel length.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:43:50 AM EST

Mine runs fine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:25:46 AM EST
That combination should work fine.

I don't have that configuration but my cousin which I shoot with most of the time have the same thing, his is an Armalite middy with a A2 rifle solid stock with a rifle buffer and it runs pretty good.

I even had a worst combination before with my former Lightweight carbine with A2 rifle stock and a light weight bolt carrier open "C" section kind, but never had a problem with it, I used it for 10 years without a FTF ever, YMMV.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:57:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 2:00:53 AM EST by 80sgyrene]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
Originally Posted By 80sgyrene:

Um...

You're half right.

Buffer weight IS dependent on the gas system you're running and your barrel length.

Um....

The weight is not an issue here. (I know that there are different weight buffers)

He asked about a rifle buffer, not the weight. There is a difference between a rifle's buffer, and a carbine's. Try running a rifle length in a collapsable and let me know how that works out.

Maybe you should understand the question before offerring a critique of my post.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:52:46 PM EST
My apologies, the title of the thread was unclear to me.
Top Top