Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 6:03:52 PM EDT
Does Knights or anyone else make a rail system for midlength config barrels? I originally wanted the SIR #58 but the size of it is putting me off. I'd like to get rails top and bottom but would like to avoid bolting them onto the stock plastic handguards. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC has a mid length handguard but it is longer then the standard mid length.  it will cover the gas block.  they also have a short mid which is shorter then the standard mid lenght. don't ask me why.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The PRI midlength is probably your only other option if you want use fo the original front sight block.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Armalite has a rail system on their website under new products. It is a RAS style handguard replacement, so I don't think it will free float.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That's fine, I'm not looking to start disassembling my newly put together RRA upper so non-freefloat is perfectly fine by me. I'll check it out!

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The SIR side rails do not fasten to the polymer hand guard, they go thru it and run and fasten into a metal track from the upper rail assembly. When a grenade launcher is in place, the hand guard is naturaly first removed, and the side rails go back into the track and fasten via a spring loaded screw, and accept various launcher sights, the point beiung the polymer has notheing to do with the fastening ability. The #58 also has a dovetail built into the front bottom hand guard extention that takes a light or bipod, etc. without extending any lower that the hand guard it's self.
Good shootin, Jack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top