Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/13/2004 9:19:11 AM EST
Who sells midlength ar kits? Why do more people not like these? I just think it makes the gun look more balanced. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:24:27 AM EST
M-A Parts sells midlength kits. I bought one, and it worked great. all parts went in without any problems. nice and tight fit to my lower. fired 500 rounds so far, only 2 malfunctions, both were out of the same mag.M-A Parts. price was good, delivery was quick.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:31:10 AM EST
What kind of stock did u go with? U think a collapsable will look fine with the midlength, or should I go with the A2? Havent seen any pics to compare.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:29:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By trgrpullr:
M-A Parts sells midlength kits. I bought one, and it worked great. all parts went in without any problems. nice and tight fit to my lower. fired 500 rounds so far, only 2 malfunctions, both were out of the same mag.M-A Parts. price was good, delivery was quick.

Did the barrel actually have the gas port at the midlength position, or did it just have another front site with the functioning gas port under the handguards?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:54:24 PM EST
Just got my upper from RRA today. 16" midlength, preban. Cannot wait to start the build.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:38:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Vector_Joe:

Originally Posted By trgrpullr:

Did the barrel actually have the gas port at the midlength position, or did it just have another front site with the functioning gas port under the handguards?

Thanks

Do I understand you correctly? A mid with a carbine length gas-tube?

I've never heard of such an arrangement, and frankly, that would defeat the primary purpose of getting a mid-length.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:42:32 PM EST
Unlike the Bushie Dissipator design, mid-lengths just have the one gas block/fsb. I have been looking at them for a while and do not know of any manufacturer that has a separate gas block on a mid-length upper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:45:14 AM EST
Basically what I was asking is whether the MA product is a true midlength or just a look alike (looks like the RRA or Armalite).
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:02:44 AM EST
I bought mine from RRA. 16 inch heavy bbl. flat top rec. Gas block was part of the front sight assy. (The way it should be!) Quality all the way around.

[We the Willing, Lead by the Unknowing, Do what is Necessary, For the Ungrateful]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:01:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By Vector_Joe:
Basically what I was asking is whether the MA product is a true midlength or just a look alike (looks like the RRA or Armalite).

The M&A is a true mid-length. I had one, very good quality.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:49:22 AM EST
I have a M&A parts kit Mid-length and love it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:54:50 AM EST
How is the balance on the M-A midlength? Also, what stock are you using? I am going to order a kit soon and am having a hard time deciding between the regular carbine, lightweight carbine, or midlength upper. Whatever I decide for the upper I will have an adjustable stock on the carbine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:57:05 PM EST
Check RB precision (RRA stuff).
Top Top