Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:30:15 PM EDT
Newbie question, will a bayo fit on a middie length 16" bbl rifle with standard front sight base?
Thanks all.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
yes!  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Standard bayonets will fit 16" midlength gas system barrels with standard FSB.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply !!!
By the way it looks like you have the EXACT setup I am going to employ, even colors, light, rail , etc. Is that Larue?
AR fashion guns rock : )!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
will any bayonets work on 16" m4 barrels? not the 14.5"+ perm flash hider...the 16", like the recent armalite m4 upper?

this one:

http://www.armalite.com/images/large%20images%5CEK0446BLARGE.jpg

if so, item number, or link to one?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply !!!
By the way it looks like you have the EXACT setup I am going to employ, even colors, light, rail , etc. Is that Larue?
AR fashion guns rock : )!!!

Thanks.

Rail panels and VFG are TangoDown Flat Dark Earth (FDE) color, my weaponlight is a Surefire M961C and my rail is a LaRue Tactical 9.0 for midlength gas system carbines.

It's not AR fashion, I live in a desert so I have to blend in with the desert background.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
will any bayonets work on 16" m4 barrels? not the 14.5"+ perm flash hider...the 16", like the recent armalite m4 upper?

this one:

www.armalite.com/images/large%20images%5CEK0446BLARGE.jpg

You would need a bayonet with a long extended handle, a couple of years ago there was AFCOM dealers that sold them at a reasonable cost but they ran out of stock and are no longer available.

The only ones that I know of that are still available are the more expensive Colt marked extended bayonets for 16" carbine gas system barrels, here's the link.

http://prebanarms.com/detail.asp?product_id=a03
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
What about a 14.5 middy with perm FH?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

...AR fashion guns rock : )!!!

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...AR fashion guns rock : )!!!

Just a little self deprecating humor there !!!
I obviously like the bells and whistles, but as obsessed as I am with building
"perfect" rifles, I have to keep it in perspective. As great a shooter as my high dollar Krieger barreled match rifle is, the rail infested AR gets the most gawks at the range, and are the sole rifle my girlfriend is impressed with. She likes the "lacy stuff" (a.k.a. rail systems) the best. I am essentially replicating Alpha's build recipe. I had pretty much arrived at the same recipe myself, but planned on using my Pentagon MD light. After seeing Alpha's rifle however, I am changing lights as well. That is one good looking rifle !!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

this one:

You would need a bayonet with a long extended handle, a couple of years ago there was AFCOM dealers that sold them at a reasonable cost but they ran out of stock and are no longer available.

The only ones that I know of that are still available are the more expensive Colt marked extended bayonets for 16" carbine gas system barrels, here's the link.

134 bucks?  thats a lot of snapple. :(
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What about a 14.5 middy with perm FH?

A 14.5" middy with perm FS wont work with a standard bayonet, the distance between the bayonet lug and rear of the FS is 1.5" too short.

The handle of a standard bayonet could be shortened as required or use a long FS.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

this one:

134 bucks?  thats a lot of snapple. :(

But they have a horsey logo on it.

Yes, those are expensive compared to what I paid for mine, IRC about less than $60 which are reworked from new surplus regular M7 bayonets.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Here are somepics:

www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355

Colt 14.5-inch M4 Barrel with LanCay M9 Bayonet

Rock River Arms 16-inch Midlength Barrel with LanCay M9 Bayonet
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top