Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/19/2003 9:38:05 AM EDT
I recently installed a six port Miculek comp on a 16" barrel. I get a lot of "blowback" into my face during firing. I thought it may have ben the gas block first but it is tight. Any thoughts or experience with this?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:15:56 PM EDT
you'll have to speak up I can't hear you.....they are really really loud, along with some blow back
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:54:40 AM EDT
Damn! That sucks, man. I was really set on getting the Miculek brake. Question, though, when you say blowback, is it actually gas or muzzle blast slapping you in the face? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:14:31 AM EDT
Yes, the gun really has a serious "bark". No recoil to speak of but a really deep bark... I think it is muzzle blast coming bak - I checked the gas tube fit etc.. and it seems tight, no problem. The quantity going back in my face is pretty considerable and if I was not using wrap around Oakley's, I couldn't use this as it is right now! I would like to hear from other Miculek users re. their experience. Looks like this is coming off and a Bennie Cooley is going on!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:24:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2003 9:26:15 AM EDT by dpmmn]
I had to go shoot mine this morning to be more accurate on this subject, Here is what I came up with: Loud..with some muzzle blast that comes back towards the shooter, also heard some complaints from the 2 state troopers standing next to me, that it was lound for bystanders, but they wanted to try it out, while they were shooting it I stood in back of them, it wasn't too bad, I would use this comp over that mini"Y" comp. (that damn thing barks like my .300 Mag,) anyway they didn't complain at all after shooting it, and that was their 1st time shooting one with a Miculek Comp. the one said he was going to have one installed on his first chance he gets.......so that must be a plus. 3 of my 5 AR's are straight barreled 1 has a flash hider and the other is the Miculek Comp .
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:31:37 AM EDT
Is this the brake you're referring to? [url]http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=67&min=3&dyn=1&[/url] Just curious 'cause I've seen some other brakes marketed by Miculek that were slide on/off types.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:10:08 PM EDT
I've had the misfortune of owning two barrels with Miculek comps and experienced exactly what you describe...lots of muzzle blast in my face and too much noise. Both were replaced with CavComps which work much better for me. No blast in my face and reduced noise (compared to the Miculek) for me and spectators.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:42:16 AM EDT
So for No blow back, and less bark. What are the recommendations for a Threaded and non-thr.. for competition shooting? Nosler
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:24:04 PM EDT
I would agree about the Miculek rocking my world! Made my Head hurt from the pressure waves! UGH! Check this out: http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/muzzledevices.msnw Gives a good run down on post and pre ban brakes and flash hiders. Personally, a nice crown job and "no brake" is good enough for me! Doesn't look as cool but OH WELL... The "Y-Comp" & "Mini-Y-Comp" are similar in head-ache levels as the miculek! IMHO!
Top Top