Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 11:18:29 PM EST
I'm thinking of investing in a Metacraft 24" Upper this year. Anyone have any experience with this vendor?

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:37:20 PM EST
He put a JP trigger and hammer in my Colt lower last year and built me two pre-ban uppers with 16" SUM 1-10" barrels last month. One was a flat-top with an Armalite FF tube over his own gas block, the other a flat-top with a SIR-M and a PRI front sight. Both look great and both are shooters. He does great work with very quick turn-around. His prices are good too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:41:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:14:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 2:14:49 PM EST by WSAR15]
I bought a couple uppers with Kreiger 20" Medium Bull, Armalite fiberglass tube and Jewell 2 stage installed in the lower. Barry is very flexible and stands behind his work 200%. I once supplied a lower and the front pin tabs were too large (Colt). He ground them down and refinished them just to make everything work. Prices were right, service and quality just fantastic - plain quality all around. By the way, his gas blocks are nice and fit under tube handguards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:24:20 AM EST
3 for 3! Sounds great so far. I checked out his website the other day, and I liked what I saw. It looks like I'll have to throw some business his way in the upcoming months. Thanks for the input, gentlemen, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:38:36 PM EST
i had Barry build a Krieger upper a couple years ago. with proper reloads, it shot sub 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups and that was with a factory trigger group (sux!!!). like a fool, i sold it. i just sent him a JT flattop upper to be rebarrelled with a 22" med bull Krieger barrel. this will be my varmint gun :)
Top Top