Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:47:52 AM EDT
I bought a Meprolight Tru-dot RDS last black Friday. I just had to switch the original battery that came with it. That battery lasted 3500 hours constant on the lowest non-NV level. Not too worried at this point, there is no telling how old the battery is that came with it. I also left it on the second level for a couple of weeks by accident.

How long did the battery that came with it last?

How long has the second battery been working?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Somewhere in the Archives someone did a battery drain test, and IIRC battery life at the highest setting is appx 2K hrs.
Tomac
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought a Meprolight Tru-dot RDS last black Friday. I just had to switch the original battery that came with it. That battery lasted 3500 hours constant on the lowest non-NV level. Not too worried at this point, there is no telling how old the battery is that came with it. I also left it on the second level for a couple of weeks by accident.

View Quote

Is this a fifth grade word problem?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No and this isn't GD.

I am asking others how long their batteries are lasting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
As soon as I got mine I threw a fresh lithium battery in it and turned it on the second brightest setting.  I move the gun in and out of the safe every day and have shot the rifle several times.   Been going strong since December.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah there is a really good write up by a dude with a multimeter and a purpose somewhere on here.
Might be on youtube as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah there is a really good write up by a dude with a multimeter and a purpose somewhere on here.
Might be on youtube as well.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top