Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2008 2:19:53 PM EDT
I am putting together an A4 type rifle.  I have a Noveske lower with a Colt A2 stock and a Colt A2 gov't profile 20" 1/7 barrel.  All I need is the flat-top upper/charging handle and am trying to choose between the Mega and CMT/Stag.  I will be putting a scope on it and maybe a free float hand guard at some point, but for now just want a solid simple rifle with a scope.

Thanks
-Doc
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Mega uppers are Teflon coated after anodization, have "MEGA" engraved on the left side & have no T-marks.

CMT uppers are anodized, have T-marks & you have the option of extended feed ramp cuts or non.

That said they are basically the same thing other than the comestic features.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mega uppers are Teflon coated after anodization, have "MEGA" engraved on the left side & have no T-marks.

CMT uppers are anodized, have T-marks & you have the option of extended feed ramp cuts or non.

I have a Mega lower and a couple uppers. On Megas website they don't mention anything about teflon coating but say something about having "true black" anodizing. I e-mailed them asking if they are in fact teflon coated but havn't got a reply. Do you know for a fact that they are teflon coated because I was thinking about painting it OD green.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Mega lower and a couple uppers. On Megas website they don't mention anything about teflon coating but say something about having "true black" anodizing. I e-mailed them asking if they are in fact teflon coated but havn't got a reply. Do you know for a fact that they are teflon coated because I was thinking about painting it OD green.

Hmmm. I've always been told they are Teflon coated. They may not be but they sure look like they are.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
They coat nicely with Norrels, including their green.  Just ask Stickman...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top