Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2008 2:19:53 PM EDT
I am putting together an A4 type rifle.  I have a Noveske lower with a Colt A2 stock and a Colt A2 gov't profile 20" 1/7 barrel.  All I need is the flat-top upper/charging handle and am trying to choose between the Mega and CMT/Stag.  I will be putting a scope on it and maybe a free float hand guard at some point, but for now just want a solid simple rifle with a scope.

Thanks
-Doc
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:25:56 PM EDT
Mega uppers are Teflon coated after anodization, have "MEGA" engraved on the left side & have no T-marks.

CMT uppers are anodized, have T-marks & you have the option of extended feed ramp cuts or non.

That said they are basically the same thing other than the comestic features.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:25:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By warpig8654:
Mega uppers are Teflon coated after anodization, have "MEGA" engraved on the left side & have no T-marks.

CMT uppers are anodized, have T-marks & you have the option of extended feed ramp cuts or non.

I have a Mega lower and a couple uppers. On Megas website they don't mention anything about teflon coating but say something about having "true black" anodizing. I e-mailed them asking if they are in fact teflon coated but havn't got a reply. Do you know for a fact that they are teflon coated because I was thinking about painting it OD green.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:40:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sniperfrog:
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

I have a Mega lower and a couple uppers. On Megas website they don't mention anything about teflon coating but say something about having "true black" anodizing. I e-mailed them asking if they are in fact teflon coated but havn't got a reply. Do you know for a fact that they are teflon coated because I was thinking about painting it OD green.

Hmmm. I've always been told they are Teflon coated. They may not be but they sure look like they are.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:45:27 PM EDT
They coat nicely with Norrels, including their green.  Just ask Stickman...
Top Top