Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 8:58:11 AM EDT
Does anyone have any pictures or thoughts on Mega Lowers?

Anyone know who's selling them?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Mega lowers are great! When used with a Mega or RRA upper they are as tight a fit as you will find. Nice dark anodizing too.

Link to mega products
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I really love mine.  All of the lower parts went right in no problem, great finish, and a very tight fit with my upper.  Best part is the price they're asking for them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
the upper lower fit is super tight! i love the logo and how the all the parts fit so good on the lower

oh yeah the $90 dollar price tag i great too
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like my Mega machines lower and would like another.  Very tight but not as tight as the Stag Arms lower I have (the stinger is slopy compared to both).  I e-mailed Carricozarmory on saturday and have yet to get a reply.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I as well could not get a hold of anyone at Carricozarmory.  I tried to e-mail, phone and IM to no avail.  The sad part is his web site list my FFL, so if I could have gotton ahold of him yesterday the could be half way here by now.

I ordered a pair this morning from Georgia Precision.  It did take a while to get thru on the phone.

I have heard/seen a lot of good things about these lowers.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've given up on Carricoz Armory.  I talked to Denny today on the phone, and since it's here in KC, I can go pick up a LMT made DSA lower on my day off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought 4 of them a month ago, and I love the finish and fit.  However I did have to drill out a total of 3 holes across 4 lowers.  I was using an RRA parts kit.  Of course, everything is working 100% now and I would buy more if (when) I need more.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one on Wednesday the 8th from Carrico'z, I was told to expect a wait of around 2 weeks before shipping due to shortage of supply on the Mega lowers.  Took a few phone calls to get a hold of them, got someone on the line around 3:30pm Eastern.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#9]
He's got an order form on the website.  Looks like he's trusted.  Think it would be OK to just send payment with a copy of my dealers FFL?

I've wanted a pari of Megas for a year now, and with the ban gone, I'm ready to build!

Lukejt
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've given up on Carricoz Armory.  I talked to Denny today on the phone, and since it's here in KC, I can go pick up a LMT made DSA lower on my day off.

Is there a website for LMT?
Finnbear
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you tried Ameetec. I will be going to their store tomorrow. I have heard nothing but good things about them. Course that was from on this sight. Their website address is www.ameetecarms.com/
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Forget Carricoz. I tried repeatedly to get one from those guys, emails, IM's, phone calls, you name it. Took like a week to get an email from them. By then I had given up and bought from someone else.
No way to run a biz.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Forget Carricoz. I tried repeatedly to get one from those guys, emails, IM's, phone calls, you name it. Took like a week to get an email from them. By then I had given up and bought from someone else.
No way to run a biz.

He is one of the most trust worthy people I have dealt with, and bends over backwards to help people.  If you don't like him, don't deal with him.  He is working 16 hour days and doesn't always get a chance to get everything done right away.  Send your money to big companies if you feel the need, but your comment of "no way to run a biz" is horribly off base.

Read the thread ongoing 11 page thread if anyone has concerns on how he does business.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=153544
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#14]
clinton at carricoz is NOT the best with return emails...

but guess what, send him money, and have your ffl sent over..and you WILL get your lowers.

Not the instant computer-age gratification we are used to...but it works.

and you will be happy...I am.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I know a guy, says, "I can hang on the computer, or I can go get your order out, but I can't do both."
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Have you tried Ameetec. I will be going to their store tomorrow. I have heard nothing but good things about them. Course that was from on this sight. Their website address is www.ameetecarms.com/

+1

I bought 2 MEGA lowers from Ameetec also.  Great folks to deal with and the lowers are sweet.  The DPMS parts kits I used dropped right in with no problems.

And at $90 bucks a pop - damn, buy 2!

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No way to run a biz.

He is one of the most trust worthy people I have dealt with, and bends over backwards to help people.  If you don't like him, don't deal with him.  He is working 16 hour days and doesn't always get a chance to get everything done right away.  Send your money to big companies if you feel the need, but your comment of "no way to run a biz" is horribly off base.

Read the thread ongoing 11 page thread if anyone has concerns on how he does business.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=153544

Actually, if you are running a business, and you don't return customers emails, requests for orders, etc.. for a week, then yes, my comment is dead on. That is no way to run a biz.

And no, I won't deal with him. He may be a nice guy, but he needs to get better help if he wants to get that biz running better.  Especially when other companies can do the same item for basically the same price.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

And at $90 bucks a pop - damn, buy 2!

CMOS

Actually, thats exactly what I did. Except I bought the Ameetec brand lowers. From the looks of them they look great especially for the price.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:21:29 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 for Ameetec.  Warren is a great guy to deal with; he'll talk to you over the email or phone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#20]
+2 for Ameetec.  I got 2 myself.  VERY nice you won't be sorry.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top