Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:43:28 PM EDT
This project was about 2 years in the making.  I finally got the last piece to the puzzle, my scope came in the other day and I got it all mounted up.  Can't wait to hit the range and stretch her legs!!

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/toyturbo17/Mega_AR308_0061.jpg
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/toyturbo17/Mega_AR308062.jpg
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/toyturbo17/Mega_AR308068.jpg

BUILD LIST:
Mega Monolithic upper/lower Set
Magpul UBR
Magpul 10/20rd Magazine
Magpul MIAD grip
Wilson Combat 2-stage 4lb tactical trigger
Troy Ambi-selector
308 DPMS Bolt release
Bullet Button Convertible
Slash Carbine Heavy Buffer/modified spring
DPMS 7.62x51 SASS fluted/teflon coated bull barrel with barrel nut
Young's Manufacturing National Match Chrome Carrier
JP Enhanced SAE 9310 bolt
POF Firing pin and roller cam pin
Troy backup Micro Battle sights
Leupold VXR 3-9X40 w/Firedot TMR reticle
American Defense Manufacturing Recon-S scope mount

I want to give props to AR15.com for the knowledge and Rainier Arms and JSE Surplus for most of the parts.  My budget was fairly open in regards to this build, maybe later on when I out-grow the capabilities of the barrel  I can opt out for a more custom barrel but for now the SASS will suffice. Thinking this will be my range/target toy out to maybe 700-800 yards, maybe even further on ideal days.   What do you guys think?  Did I do good?
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 1:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
That is one very expensive looking red x.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 2:06:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That is one very expensive looking red x.

What its a very expensive looking little blue box for me.  

I never have any fun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 3:50:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This project was about 2 years in the making.  I finally got the last piece to the puzzle, my scope came in the other day and I got it all mounted up.  Can't wait to hit the range and stretch her legs!!

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/20191/Mega_AR308_0061.jpg
BUILD LIST:
Mega Monolithic upper/lower Set
Magpul UBR
Magpul 10/20rd Magazine
Magpul MIAD grip
Wilson Combat 2-stage 4lb tactical trigger
Troy Ambi-selector
308 DPMS Bolt release
Bullet Button Convertible
Slash Carbine Heavy Buffer/modified spring
DPMS 7.62x51 SASS fluted/teflon coated bull barrel with barrel nut
Young's Manufacturing National Match Chrome Carrier
JP Enhanced SAE 9310 bolt
POF Firing pin and roller cam pin
Troy backup Micro Battle sights
Leupold VXR 3-9X40 w/Firedot TMR reticle
American Defense Manufacturing Recon-S scope mount

I want to give props to AR15.com for the knowledge and Rainier Arms and JSE Surplus for most of the parts.  My budget was fairly open in regards to this build, maybe later on when I out-grow the capabilities of the barrel  I can opt out for a more custom barrel but for now the SASS will suffice. Thinking this will be my range/target toy out to maybe 700-800 yards, maybe even further on ideal days.   What do you guys think?  Did I do good?

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
In before the Ray Charles pics.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#5]
sorry guys, pic should be up now!
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The only thing I could critique is the ADM mount Here's very well done video review/test and it didn't perform well in comparison to the Bobro mount. I'd like to se a LaRue mount video too, but there is this review.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful rifle.  What are you planning on feeding her?
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I just built a rifle in almost the same config with a matching mega upper and lower. Rainier helped out on 90% of the parts. The guy wanted FDE stock, grip, and AFG, but when he found out they didnt make 308 PMAGS in FDE, he about cried. I thought it was funny because I dont give a damn what color my rifle is as long as it goes boom. Well, I will admit I have seen the Dewalt yellow  tackdriver AR and the barbie pink AR, but you have to try real hard to get those colors from loose parts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice rig !
Well chosen parts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only thing I could critique is the ADM mount Here's very well done video review/test and it didn't perform well in comparison to the Bobro mount. I'd like to se a LaRue mount video too, but there is this review.

Yea I found out after I bought it already

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Beautiful rifle.  What are you planning on feeding her?

American Eagle 762x51 168 OTM to break her in, but I will definitely feed her the good stuff (Federal GMM 168)
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
added more pics
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top