Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:31:04 AM EDT
I just bought a used Matech BUIS.  I need a manual to figure out how to install it.  Can someone send me or direct me to a URL where I can find a manual? Thanks in advance!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just bought a used Matech BUIS.  I need a manual to figure out how to install it.  Can someone send me or direct me to a URL where I can find a manual? Thanks in advance!  

Uh - no manual- but you simply mount it, sight it and shoot.  Is there some technical issue?  I mean you put a dab of lock-tite on and tighten it down.  Same as any other BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for being dense, but on what part of the Picatinny rail do I mount it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Try this photo.

MaTech Mounted
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
So on the back most part of the rail!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So on the back most part of the rail!  Thanks.

My pleasure.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The instructions say, well actually I'm not going to type the whole page, but here's some of the stuff you need to know:

Mount it in the slot farthest back on the rail.

Tighten it down to the point where you can't move it side to side or forward/backward and then turn the screw another 1/4 turn.  Don't overtighten it, the locktite should hold it.

sight in:

M4/M4A1  -  turn the range knob until the line on the sight cam on the left side is aligned with the 300 meter mark.  Use the 25 meter zero target for the M4 Carbine and center your rounds by adjusting the weapon's front sight post and the BUIS windage adjustment knob.

M16A4  -  turn the range knob until the line on the sight cam on the left side is aligned with the white line between the 300 and 400 meter marks.  This mark is a half notch location, so it's more difficult to align.  Use the 25 meter zero target for the M16A2/M16A4 rifle and center your rounds by adjusting  the weapon's front sight post and the BUIS windage adjustment knob.

Lubrication - same as the standard rear sight - overall light coat of lube,

The sight cam when rotated to the 600 meter mark has a hole in the bottom to lubricate the inside spring and ball bearing with 2 or 3 drops of lube.  The plunger and spring underneath the flip-up sight frame needs 2 or 3 drops of lube.  The windage knob has a hole in the side to lubricate the inside spring and ball bearing with 2 or 3 drops of lube.  The windage screw needs to be lubricted on the threads and worked in by side to side movement before returning to the original zeroing mark.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Now this is what I really needed!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Now this is what I really needed!  Thank you!!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Do not crank on the mounting screw or you will break the mounting bar or screw.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Just remember... Your not mounting a Peterbuilt cab to the frame. You are mounting a steel component on an aluminum rail on a low recoil rifle. It doesn't require a lot of torque. I don't get these complaints of broken mounts on Matechs. Just follow the directions and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#11]
WOW!!!  This is great!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top