Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:09:34 AM EDT
I have a few KAC OD panels that have been waiting on the rest of the rifle to switch colors.  I just got a Magpul 93B and do my dismay, the shades of green clash.  I don't want to sound like a bitch here, but it just doesn't look right.  

I guess I am going to ditch those panels and go with the Magpul rail covers so at least those will somewhat match.

Now, as for the grip, I was wanting to get a Tango Down.  Will that green match the green of the Magpul stock?  If not, I may be forced to get that damn Magpul grip as well.  If I am stuck with that, what should I do about my VFG?  

ARGH!  

Anyone got pics of an AR with a Magpul stock and TD grip?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now, as for the grip, I was wanting to get a Tango Down.  Will that green match the green of the Magpul stock?  

Tango Down OD Green is brighter than Magpul OD Green. TD's version is really a sage green, like the KAC version.

If not, I may be forced to get that damn Magpul grip as well.
I just replaced all my TD pistol grips with Magpul MIAD grips because the Magpul fits my hand better. For me the TD was too small and with the Magpul MIAD, I was able to configure the grip so it fits my hand great.

If I am stuck with that, what should I do about my VFG?
I don't know of any VFGs in OD that match Magpul's OD Green. I would say get the VFG you like and don't worry about the colors matching. Seriously. On my 5.56mm ARs, I've got TD panels and VFGs with MIAD grips and M93B stocks. The green doesn't match but I look at it as very basic camo.

It's your rifle and you have to be happy with it but, if you can just buy the gear that works best for you and ignore the greens not matching, you will probably enjoy shooting your rifle more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help.  The VFG won't be there much because I have a Surefire M900a.  Granted, I rarely use it at the range, so I wouldn't use the alternative much either.  It's just there for casual shooting and show and tell.

A buddy has KAC pannels, KAC VFG, a Hogue grip, and a RRA tele-stock; the greens don't match, but it doesn't look that bad.  

I guess you're right; I'll just have to get over it.

The request still stands -- anyone got pics w/ a Magpul stock and TD grip?

FWIW, this is the rifle that is getting the facelift:

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
bump
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top