Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/17/2009 8:21:41 PM EST
So I've invested in DD uppers, a Shilen Match/Varmint heavy barrel and a Lother Walther Varmint/Tactical barrel. Both barrels come with a matched, headspaced and serialized bolt. I'm considering either the Young or Les Bauer National Match BCGs., but I don't know if the extra $100.00 bucks is worth it. Maybe I should just go with a quality M16 BCG and save myself some money? Decision... decisions. Maybe board members can help me decide. Let's hear it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:38:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By DreamMaker:
So I've invested in DD uppers, a Shilen Match/Varmint heavy barrel and a Lother Walther Varmint/Tactical barrel. Both barrels come with a matched, headspaced and serialized bolt. I'm considering either the Young or Les Bauer National Match BCGs., but I don't know if the extra $100.00 bucks is worth it. Maybe I should just go with a quality M16 BCG and save myself some money? Decision... decisions. Maybe board members can help me decide. Let's hear it.

From what I read you don't need BCG's unless you want spare bolts. A good thing. I'd not buy the first two and get the third option.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:19:05 PM EST
they are needed as much as a "match-grade" charging handle
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:40:13 AM EST
NO...it's not going to function any different then a good quality regular BCG from like Colt, BCM or LMT. I have a Young's NM BCG and yeah it looks nice but it doesn't function any better than the other BCG's I have. Basically it boils down to do you want to spend the extra for it. If you really want one buy it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:52:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 6:19:30 AM EST by DreamMaker]
It's not completely clear to me whether the matched bolts provided by the barrel manufacturers are raw, or complete with all components. In any event, I plan on buying complete BCG's so that I can have spare parts.

Global Tactics appears to offer good BCG's. Any other recommendations?

Colt
BCM
LMT
GT
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:20:39 AM EST
Top Top