Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:21:41 PM EDT
So I've invested in DD uppers, a Shilen Match/Varmint heavy barrel and a Lother Walther Varmint/Tactical barrel.  Both barrels come with a matched, headspaced and serialized bolt.  I'm considering either the Young or Les Bauer National Match BCGs., but  I don't know if the extra $100.00 bucks is worth it.  Maybe I should just go with a quality M16 BCG and save myself some money?  Decision... decisions.  Maybe board members can help me decide.  Let's hear it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I've invested in DD uppers, a Shilen Match/Varmint heavy barrel and a Lother Walther Varmint/Tactical barrel.  Both barrels come with a matched, headspaced and serialized bolt.  I'm considering either the Young or Les Bauer National Match BCGs., but  I don't know if the extra $100.00 bucks is worth it.  Maybe I should just go with a quality M16 BCG and save myself some money?  Decision... decisions.  Maybe board members can help me decide.  Let's hear it.

From what I read you don't need BCG's unless you want spare bolts.  A good thing.  I'd not buy the first two and get the third option.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
they are needed as much as a "match-grade" charging handle
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#3]
NO...it's not going to function any different then a good quality regular BCG from like Colt, BCM or LMT.  I have a Young's NM BCG and yeah it looks nice but it doesn't function any better than the other BCG's I have.  Basically it boils down to do you want to spend the extra for it.  If you really want one buy it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not completely clear to me whether the matched bolts provided by the barrel manufacturers are raw, or complete with all components.  In any event, I plan on buying complete BCG's so that I can have spare parts.

Global Tactics appears to offer good BCG's.  Any other recommendations?

Colt
BCM
LMT
GT
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top