Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:16:30 AM EDT
right now I have a 1-9 twist 16" midlength unmarked RRA barrel. I get 1-2" groups @ 100yds with good ammo, varget and 69gr Sierra MK being tops. I plan on shooting some 55grain bullets. But mostly 60-70gr. I would like to get into the sub-MOA class. I like the midlength carbine, but I might consider going to a 20" rifle. I would like to go with a preban barrel, bayo lug, threaded w/ flashider, etc. I do alot of 300yd work. Probably not any further than 400yds. What barrel do I need? Am I better off getting a new upper?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be nice to know what the brand, (who made it) type, (chrome-lined, chrome moly, stainless steel) and twist (1/9, 1/12, 1/7) of your current barrel.

If would also be quite helpful to know what your idea of "good ammo" actually IS, this ain't the Psychic Network.........

This info would be helpful in determining whether or not your curret barrel needs replacement.

FWIW a good quality 16" barrel should get ya MOA accuracy with the proper diet, btw ya didn't even mention at what range the 1-1.5" groups ya got were shot at.....

Sometimes, if want good info, ya got to give good info.

Mike

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
details added
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Steve @ ADCO for suggestions...he just helped me out and Eric and I exchanged about 18 emails on this very subject.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
kriegerbarrels.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top