Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 11:52:14 AM EDT
I did some digging on the Net and it looks like my home state, the People's Republic of Maryland has two AWB's set to take effect on 13 Sept 2004.  I printed out copies of both, House Bill 1298 and Senate Bill 288,and man are they full of mumbo jumbo.    Can any of my fellow Marylanders tell me if once the Fed AWB dies, will these two bans take effect?  Call me nervous, but this has me worried!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
There were some AWB's on the state level that came 1 vote away from passing but nver did as far as I know of.

Again, no state AWB that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There were some AWB's on the state level that came 1 vote away from passing but nver did as far as I know of.

Again, no state AWB that I know of.

I think this is right, The last activity on these bills was in April? There are still a lot of silly ass rules (no mags to be bought or sold over 20 rounds, however possesion is legal, blah, blah.....)
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I am going to call our local Del, Don Dwyer to see what is going on.  Del Dwyer is VERY pro gun!!!!  COME ON 14 Sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Info here the bill was voted down in April.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info bro.  This is fantastic news!!!  Now if we can only get on Gov. Erlich to get him to keep his promise to get rid of the draconian gun laws we will be okay.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stop by your Hometown Forum and say hi. It's a great way to keep up with everything going on in your local area.

Maryland, Delaware, D.C.

Agreed these bills were covered extensively there as well as at The Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site

BTW the bill ended up being defeated by a Democrat who felt the proposed law was too strong.  He had the guts to stand up to his party!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
MD general assembly is not even in session now, so we are safe until next year at least.  Probably no special session for slots thus no way to sneak anything in.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top