Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:38:15 AM EST
I recently purchased my first Bushmaster, (9-18-04) to be the exact date. After giving this some thought. The dealer that I purchased from seems to have an over abundance of Bushmasters. And he keeps his prices at market value. Even if he has a rifle at one cost and the market price drops $10.00 he will drop the price of that rifle to match market price. I'm starting to think maybe he bought a bunch of Bushmaster lowers and is putting M1 sales or M&A sales complete uppers on them and marketing them as complete Bushmaster rifles. My question is this. Does Bushmaster put any marking on their upper so that I can tell what I've got? If they do mark there uppers can you please post a pic or two of the markings.

I may be just paranoid. But I want to make sure I got what I paid for.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:28:32 AM EST
Bushmaster will not put any markings on the uppers they use. The markings will be from the manufacture of the upper. If Bushmaster and M1 or M&A use the same uppers you will not be able to tell where it came from. Unless there is a moly finish on the inside of the upper receiver.

Here, this may help a little: bigger hammer
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:40:32 AM EST
The new Bushmaster I got yesturday has markings on the upper that I have never seen before I eaven compared it to one I bought about two years ago and it does not have the same markings. I will look at it more this afternoon and try to explain
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:44:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 8:45:27 AM EST by mongo001]
I've had factory Bushy's with the split "A" marking of Anchor Harvey and the keyhole marking of Cerro Forge, these marks are found just forward of the rear sight on the carry handle part of the receiver. I've also seen NIB Bushy's with no marking on the receiver at all. The barrel should be stamped "B MP 5.56 NATO.........".
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:48:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By mongo001:
The barrel should be stamped "B MP 5.56 NATO.........".

Mongo, is this consistant with all bushmasters?
Is that marking under the handguards?

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:12:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 9:14:23 AM EST by mongo001]

Originally Posted By Rusty69:

All Bushmaster barrels, except for their DCM/CMP barrels have stampings forward (toward the muzzle) of the front sight base. If you don't have a barrel stamped "B MP [something]" then it is likely NOT a Bushmaster barrel. I do have a factory 11.5" Bushy barrel that is stamped "B MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 HBAR" under the handguards, probably because there isn't enough room forward of the FSB for stamping.

Edited to add: The 11.5"/5.5" combos that Bushy sells were often stamped on the 5.5" FH, "B MP [something]".
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:15:55 AM EST

All Bushmaster barrels, except for their DCM/CMP barrels have stampings forward (toward the muzzle) of the front sight base. If you don't have a barrel stamped "B MP [something]" then it is likely NOT a Bushmaster barrel. I do have a factory 11.5" Bushy barrel that is stamped "B MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 HBAR" under the handguards, probably because there isn't enough room forward of the FSB for stamping.

Edited to add: The 11.5"/5.5" combos that Bushy sells were often stamped on the 5.5" FH, "B MP [something]"

Thanks for the info Mongo. I guess I need to pay that shop owner a visit. As it looks like I do not have a bushmaster barrel. So I must also assume that I don't have a bushmaster upper rec.

What would you guys do in this situation?

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:22:29 AM EST
Bushmaster barrels are superior to other makers (Except Colt, LMT, etc. where they are equal) and that would be my biggest concern. Bushmaster barrels are chrome lined, yours may not be. Bushmaster barrels are made of a higher quality steel, yours likely isn't - trivial, but it is a fact. The receiver, as long as it is in spec and properly anodized, shouldn't be an issue. The bolt/carrier is probably a wash also, but I'd be pretty uptight about the barrel.

I'd take it back, but it would be nice to have a proper Bushmaster example to show him, as proof of what you think is going on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:27:43 AM EST

I'd take it back, but it would be nice to have a proper Bushmaster example to show him, as proof of what you think is going on.

I thought what I'd do is call bushmaster and see if they will tell me if the lower I have was sold as a rifle or a stripped lower. Then armed with that info, go back to the gun store owner and approch him with that information. I am pissed. If I wanted something other than a bushmaster I would have bought it. I feel like I just took it up the poop hole.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:03:08 AM EST
what IS your barrel stamping?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:06:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By bump0x:

There is NOT any stampings on my barrel.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:11:11 AM EST
I was just wondering about this same topic. I have a upper rec. that has a CM stamp hear the rear sight on the carry handle. Does this stand for Continental Machine?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:20:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By todds92:
I was just wondering about this same topic. I have a upper rec. that has a CM stamp hear the rear sight on the carry handle. Does this stand for Continental Machine?

CM is Colt, Martin Marietta, or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:26:46 AM EST
My Bushy's upper/receiver is "clean", not a mark on it. Here is a shot of the barrel (facing straight up):
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:28:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By El_Roto:
My Bushy's upper/receiver is "clean", not a mark on it. Here is a shot of the barrel (facing straight up):

Yepper, that's a Bushy for sure.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:38:59 AM EST

Thanks for the pic. I printed it out and will put it to good use when I visit that asshole.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:43:50 AM EST
I've had three Bushy uppers, all were marked FK under the rear sight on the ejection port side.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:52:27 AM EST

Thanks for the pic. I printed it out and will put it to good use when I visit that asshole.

Yeah, he's definitely got some explaining to do if your barrel has no markings. Let us know what happens.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:56:06 AM EST

Yeah, he's definitely got some explaining to do if your barrel has no markings. Let us know what happens.

I'll let ya'll know. I'm going to go home after work and get my ser. # and then tomorrow call Bushmaster and see if they will tell me anything. I'll be stopping by his store tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:49:24 PM EST
I bought what was stated to be a Bushy carbine. I called Bushmaster and they told me the receiver was shipped out as a stripped lower. So mine was not a real one. I have several other Bushmasters and each one of them has a different receiver marking but the barrels are all BMP.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:02:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 2:05:28 PM EST by Marco]

Originally Posted By Sukebe:
I've had three Bushy uppers, all were marked FK under the rear sight on the ejection port side.

I have a pre 94 and it has D K below the windage adjustment. The gun is a CAR 15 XM15 E2s with the 11.5 barrel and 5.5 fs. The barrel does have B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 H BAR and the barrel is chrome lined. There are markings on the front sight post 9 and I believe RM7 (kinda hard to read but is RAISED print).
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:27:10 PM EST
Well as soon as I got home I removed the handguards and what did I find. My barrel was stamped

"DPMS CAL. 5.56 1-9"

I went up to the gun shop and the little prick that was working up there got shitty with me. He said that the owner (who is a reserve officer) was in court. I called up to the court house and got hold of the guy and told him about my problem and he has offered to refund my money. So tomorrow after work, I'm going to get my money back.

What would you guys do in this situation. Keep the (bastard bushmaster) rifle or get the cash back and buy one that is right?

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:31:33 PM EST

Well as soon as I got home I removed the handguards and what did I find. My barrel was stamped

"DPMS CAL. 5.56 1-9"

I went up to the gun shop and the little prick that was working up there got shitty with me. He said that the owner (who is a reserve officer) was in court. I called up to the court house and got hold of the guy and told him about my problem and he has offered to refund my money. So tomorrow after work, I'm going to get my money back.

What would you guys do in this situation. Keep the (bastard bushmaster) rifle or get the cash back and buy one that is right?

Get cash back and use your new found knowledge to ensure you get what you want. It may cost a few dollars more, but you will definitely feel better about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:40:26 PM EST
Damn Mongo, They guy already charged me the price of a bushy. I ought to be able to buy one for what I had in that one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:10:26 PM EST

There is NOT any stampings on my barrel.

It ain't a Bushy barrel then, that's for certain.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:16:06 PM EST

Damn Mongo, They guy already charged me the price of a bushy. I ought to be able to buy one for what I had in that one.

You're in good shape, then.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:56:05 AM EST
I would like to thank everyone who helped out in this situation. As soon as I get my money back tonight from that stealer, I'll begin the task of finding a new Bushmaster.................
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:24:41 AM EST
check with Aim Surplus, they are good, honest & decent people
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:27:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By AR-15NUTT:
check with Aim Surplus, they are good, honest & decent people

Thanks, I've purchased from them before and they were great to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:55:13 AM EST
Wow, that really sucks. I hope you get all of your money back plus taxes etc...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:33:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 5:34:29 AM EST by Rusty69]

Originally Posted By gvidon212:
Wow, that really sucks. I hope you get all of your money back plus taxes etc...

The stealer at the gun shop where I purchased it said (on the phone) that he would refund my money, which would include state and local taxes.

I have been on the phone all moring trying to find another Bushmaster M4. I finally found one at a High end hunting store here in the city that I live in. They are holding it for me till I can get by there. I have called every gun store around here. This is the only Bushmaster M4 left in this area.
Top Top